- 6 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 9 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 11 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Movies Shruti Haasan Slams Bodyshamers; Says She's Had Plastic Surgery And Isn’t Ashamed To Admit It
- Technology HTC Wildfire R70 With Triple Rear Cameras Launched In India
- Sports Tokyo Olympics-bound Indian athletes attend workshop to learn Japanese cultural sensitivity
- News Government scraps Jammu and Kashmir Bank recruitment process
- Lifestyle Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Husqvarna — a Swedish motorcycle manufacturer, is all set to enter the Indian market with its recently unveiled 250cc offerings: Svartpilen and Vitpilen. Both motorcycle offerings were showcased at the India Bike Week 2019, with an expected launch in early-2020.
The unveiling of the 250cc twins from the brand though came as a surprise, as many were expecting the higher capacity 401s to make their debut in the country. However, Autocar India has now confirmed that the Husqvarna 401s will make their way to the Indian market at a later stage.
According to reports, the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 are expected to be introduced in the market by 2021. The 401 series will carry forward the same engine as the KTM Duke 390.
The current iteration of the engine comes in the form of a 373cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit. It produces 44bhp and 37Nm of peak torque.
However, with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms set to be implemented soon, we will have to wait and find out the exact power figures from the engine once it receives the update.
Husqvarna will first introduce the 250cc versions of the Svartpilen and Vitpilen in the Indian market. The Svartpilen 250 will be a scrambler-style offering while the Vitpilen 250 is offered with a neo-cafe racer styling.
The 250cc offering will be based on the KTM Duke 250, while also carrying forward the same engine as well. This includes the same 249cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit producing 31bhp and 24Nm of peak torque.
The two 250cc offerings will also feature a host of equipment, making it an attractive offering in the Indian market. This includes LED headlamps, LED DRLs, digital instrument cluster, alloy wheels and a host of others as well.
Apart from the Husqvarna 250s, the brand is also said to be working on a set of smaller capacity 200cc offerings as well. Similar to the 250s, the smaller 200cc offerings will be based on the KTM Duke 200 motorcycle; again carrying forward the same engine. The Husqvarna 200cc motorcycle, however, will go on sale at a later stage of 2020 — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Husqvarna 401 Motorcycle Offerings
The Husqvarna 401s have been among the much-awaited motorcycle offerings from the brand in the Indian market. However, being a premium brand, the 401s would have become a costly offering. The launch of smaller capacity motorcycles will help set up the brand in the Indian market, before introducing larger capacity offerings.