- 54 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. seems to doing everything they possibly can to keep owners and potential buyers excited about their products. Adding to the excitement quotient Honda has started its nation wide initiative - the 'Africa Twin True Adventure Camp'.
The first leg was flagged off at the Delhi/ NCR region and the camp witnessed a total of 20 participants. The riders, who gathered at Honda's campsite that is close to the very serene Damdama Lake in Sohna (Haryana), were trained on the basics of motorcycling and off-roading.
Mr Vijay Parmar, President of Himalayan Motorsports Association, and his team of experts conducted the session in a fun and interactive way. Honda plans to add other cities across the country to its list of adventure camps. Phase II will include Bangalore, Mumbai, and Kochi.
Honda's Africa Twin True Adventure Camp is a combination of class-room styled sessions combined with practical sessions wherein riders brush up their basics and learn more about advanced features that include a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple riding modes for different terrains, and other off-road capabilities of the Africa Twin motorcycle.
The Africa Twin True Adventure Camp also features special sessions to expose riders to factors like humps, underground turns, gravel, pits and dirt tracks, with the idea of boosting riding confidence.
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Africa Twin True Adventure Camp activity brings together the enthusiasts and the experts making riders experience more adventurous. The interactions between the community enhanced the learnings & skills to explore the full potential of this machine."
Honda launched the Africa Twin in 2017 in the country. The motorcycle is the company's flagship adventure-tourer from Honda's global line-up. The motorcycle is also the first 1000cc ‘Make in India' model by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.
The motorcycle is powered by a 999.11cc twin-cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 86.04bhp of power and 93.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel and User. It also features Throttle by Wire technology, (HSTC) Honda Selectable Torque Control, and Dual Clutch Transmission technology.
The Honda Africa Twin is available in one colour scheme - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. It includes a metallic finished blue colour with white and red highlights. The motorcycle currently retails for Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom-India).
Thoughts About The Africa Twin True Adventure Camp
Like we've said before, it is really good to see Honda involving itself with more than just selling motorcycles and scooters. They're involved with the national racing team, and now they're teaching folk how to properly use their adventure-tourer. Kudos! We hope the adventure camp does really well.