- 2 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Movies Veteran Music Composer Khayyam Passes Away
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. seems to doing everything they possibly can to keep owners and potential buyers excited about their products. Adding to the excitement quotient Honda has started its nation wide initiative - the 'Africa Twin True Adventure Camp'.
The first leg was flagged off at the Delhi/ NCR region and the camp witnessed a total of 20 participants. The riders, who gathered at Honda's campsite that is close to the very serene Damdama Lake in Sohna (Haryana), were trained on the basics of motorcycling and off-roading.
Mr Vijay Parmar, President of Himalayan Motorsports Association, and his team of experts conducted the session in a fun and interactive way. Honda plans to add other cities across the country to its list of adventure camps. Phase II will include Bangalore, Mumbai, and Kochi.
Honda's Africa Twin True Adventure Camp is a combination of class-room styled sessions combined with practical sessions wherein riders brush up their basics and learn more about advanced features that include a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple riding modes for different terrains, and other off-road capabilities of the Africa Twin motorcycle.
The Africa Twin True Adventure Camp also features special sessions to expose riders to factors like humps, underground turns, gravel, pits and dirt tracks, with the idea of boosting riding confidence.
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Africa Twin True Adventure Camp activity brings together the enthusiasts and the experts making riders experience more adventurous. The interactions between the community enhanced the learnings & skills to explore the full potential of this machine."
Honda launched the Africa Twin in 2017 in the country. The motorcycle is the company's flagship adventure-tourer from Honda's global line-up. The motorcycle is also the first 1000cc ‘Make in India' model by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.
The motorcycle is powered by a 999.11cc twin-cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 86.04bhp of power and 93.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel and User. It also features Throttle by Wire technology, (HSTC) Honda Selectable Torque Control, and Dual Clutch Transmission technology.
The Honda Africa Twin is available in one colour scheme - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. It includes a metallic finished blue colour with white and red highlights. The motorcycle currently retails for Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom-India).
Thoughts About The Africa Twin True Adventure Camp
Like we've said before, it is really good to see Honda involving itself with more than just selling motorcycles and scooters. They're involved with the national racing team, and now they're teaching folk how to properly use their adventure-tourer. Kudos! We hope the adventure camp does really well.