- 11 min ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 2 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- Sports Danone Nations Cup and La Liga renew their alliance for grassroots football
- News CBI court remands D K Shivakumar to judicial custody till Oct 1
- Movies Sonam Kapoor: Although The Zoya Factor Is About Luck, Everything Went Wrong While Shooting It!
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. just wrapped up Chapter 2 of it's 'Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' in Bangalore last weekend. The Camp is a nationwide initiative that is designed to brush up ridding basics, and to help riders learn about the (DCT) Dual Clutch Transmission on their motorcycles.
The second chapter held at Bangalore witnessed over 30 participants at the two-day camp conducted at the Big Rock Dirtpark (Kolar Taluk, Karnataka). Big Rock Dirtpark is owned and run by CS Santosh, the first Indian to participate in, and complete three Dakar Rally'.
Mr. Vijay Parmar, President of Himalayan Motorsports Association, and his his team of subject matter experts made trained riders via fun and interactive sessions. The sessions included theoretical and practical workshops about motorcycling and off-roading.
Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President -Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "The city of Bengaluru has always seen ardent adventure enthusiasts. Africa Twin True Adventure Camp activity brings together the enthusiasts and the experts making riders experience more adventurous. The interactions between the communities enhanced the learning's & skills to explore the full potential of this machine across all terrains."
Honda's Africa Twin True Adventure Camp is a combination of class-room styled sessions combined with practical sessions wherein riders brush up their basics and learn more about advanced features that include a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple riding modes for different terrains, and other off-road capabilities of the Africa Twin motorcycle.
The adventure camp also features special sessions that expose riders to elements like humps, underground turns, gravel, pits, and dirt tracks, with the idea of boosting rider confidence.
The first leg of Honda's ‘Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' was conducted at the Delhi/ NCR Region and witnessed a total of 20 participants The next stops on Honda's Adventure Camp list are Mumbai and Kochi.
The Africa Twin was launched in India in 2017, and is the company's flagship adventure-tourer in it's global line-up. The motorcycle is also the first 1000cc ‘Make In India' model by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.
The Africa Twin features a 999.11cc twin-cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 86.04bhp of power and 93.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel and User. It also features Throttle by Wire technology, (HSTC) Honda Selectable Torque Control, and Dual Clutch Transmission technology.
The Honda Africa Twin is available in one colour scheme - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. It includes a metallic finished blue colour with white and red highlights. The motorcycle currently retails for Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom-India).
Thoughts About Honda Finishing The Adventure Camp At Bangalore City
Honda's Adventure Camp seems to be doing well and picking up pace with every city. The Camp is now headed to the remaining two cities on it's Phase II list - Mumbai, and Kochi. Stay tuned while we bring you more news about Chapter 3.