- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 14 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. just wrapped up Chapter 2 of it's 'Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' in Bangalore last weekend. The Camp is a nationwide initiative that is designed to brush up ridding basics, and to help riders learn about the (DCT) Dual Clutch Transmission on their motorcycles.
The second chapter held at Bangalore witnessed over 30 participants at the two-day camp conducted at the Big Rock Dirtpark (Kolar Taluk, Karnataka). Big Rock Dirtpark is owned and run by CS Santosh, the first Indian to participate in, and complete three Dakar Rally'.
Mr. Vijay Parmar, President of Himalayan Motorsports Association, and his his team of subject matter experts made trained riders via fun and interactive sessions. The sessions included theoretical and practical workshops about motorcycling and off-roading.
Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President -Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "The city of Bengaluru has always seen ardent adventure enthusiasts. Africa Twin True Adventure Camp activity brings together the enthusiasts and the experts making riders experience more adventurous. The interactions between the communities enhanced the learning's & skills to explore the full potential of this machine across all terrains."
Honda's Africa Twin True Adventure Camp is a combination of class-room styled sessions combined with practical sessions wherein riders brush up their basics and learn more about advanced features that include a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple riding modes for different terrains, and other off-road capabilities of the Africa Twin motorcycle.
The adventure camp also features special sessions that expose riders to elements like humps, underground turns, gravel, pits, and dirt tracks, with the idea of boosting rider confidence.
The first leg of Honda's ‘Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' was conducted at the Delhi/ NCR Region and witnessed a total of 20 participants The next stops on Honda's Adventure Camp list are Mumbai and Kochi.
The Africa Twin was launched in India in 2017, and is the company's flagship adventure-tourer in it's global line-up. The motorcycle is also the first 1000cc ‘Make In India' model by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.
The Africa Twin features a 999.11cc twin-cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 86.04bhp of power and 93.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel and User. It also features Throttle by Wire technology, (HSTC) Honda Selectable Torque Control, and Dual Clutch Transmission technology.
The Honda Africa Twin is available in one colour scheme - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. It includes a metallic finished blue colour with white and red highlights. The motorcycle currently retails for Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom-India).
Thoughts About Honda Finishing The Adventure Camp At Bangalore City
Honda's Adventure Camp seems to be doing well and picking up pace with every city. The Camp is now headed to the remaining two cities on it's Phase II list - Mumbai, and Kochi. Stay tuned while we bring you more news about Chapter 3.