- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) has launched the country's first BS-VI compliant two-wheelers in the country, with their popular Activa 125 offering. The new Honda Activa 125 BS6 is priced at Rs 67,490, ex-showroom (India).
The new Honda Activa 125 BS-VI comes with a number of design updates, along with a long list of added features as well. In terms of design, the new Activa 125 BS-VI comes with subtle updates to its front apron, which now houses the LED DRLs along with the turn indicator signals.
There are also a number of chrome elements all around the scooter; especially on the front apron (between the LED DRLs) and the side panels. The chrome strips add an extra level of premium-ness to the scooter. The Activa 125 BS-VI also comes with matte-finish black alloy wheels as well.
In terms of features on the BS-VI scooter, the Activa 125 comes with an external fuel filling cap, silent start, glove box at the front, side-stand sensor with engine immobiliser, LED lighting and an analogue-digital instrument cluster.
The instrument cluster now provides a host of additional information, such as distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency, fuel gauge, trip meters and odometer as well. It also comes with a side-stand indicator as well.
However, the main update to the new Honda Activa 125 is on its engine. The new 124cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit churns out 8.4bhp and 10.54Nm of torque. The engine is BS-VI compliant and comes with Honda's silent start and idling stop system.
The silent start system on the Activa 125 BS-VI starts the engine instantly and silently. This is through the use of a unique mechanism which turns the crankshaft slightly backwards, before turning it the right way. The idling stop system, on the other hand, shuts off the engine at long signals before powering it back up when the right brake lever is operated.
The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI is available in a range of six colour options: Rebel Red, Metallic Black, Heavy Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Pearl Precious White and Majestic Brown Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Scooter Launch In India
The Honda Activa 125 is the first BS-VI scooter in the Indian market, introduced well ahead of the new emissions deadline of April 2020. The scooter is also one of the most popular models in the Indian market, bringing in good sales for the brand in India. The Honda Activa 125 rivals the likes of the TVS NTorq 125, Suzuki Access 125 and the Hero Maestro Edge 125 in the Indian market.