- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 13 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 15 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News 7th Pay Commission latest news: DA hike a reality, not a pay increase
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Delhi based High Note Performance has just announced that it will import and supply the famed S&S exhaust systems for the Royal Enfield 650 Twins. Royal Enfield already offers S&S exhausts with the Interceptor INT 650 and the Continental GT 650 in select international markets, although the same system is unavailable in India.
High Note Performance retails safety gear, accessories and parts for motorcycles. The store made the announcement about pre-orders for the S&S exhaust system via its Instagram handle. The availability, dates, and prices are yet to be announced. While the promotional image states "S&S Exhaust for Interceptor INT 650", the aftermarket part can also be installed on the Continental GT 650.
According to IndianAutosBlog, the aftermarket exhaust is said to enhance the sound from the parallel twin-cylinder engine with 270-degree firing order. Other brands that offer aftermarket exhausts for the 650 Twins are Red Rooster Performance, AEW, and Grid7.
The best exhaust system for the 650 Twins however, is retailed by Termignoni. The Italian manufacturer revealed a scrambler-style exhaust system for the Interceptor INT 650 last month.
While the store at Delhi will only import the exhaust system, S&S Performance also offers performance parts like the Big Bore Kit for the 650 Twins in the international markets. As reported earlier this month, the Big Bore Kit boosts the displacement of the Interceptor INT 650 and the Continental GT 650 to 865 cc. The kit comprises pistons, cylinders and a head gasket.
The Twins are powered by a 648 cc, fuel injected, parallel-twin cylinder, air & oil cooled, SOHC engine that produces 47bhp @ 7,250 rpm and 52Nm of torque @ 5,250 rpm. The added displacement definitely enhances performance numbers, although power and torque figures for the Big Bore Kit are unavailable at the moment. The Big Bore Kit is for closed course competition only.
In other updates, Royal Enfield will update the ECU on the 650 Twins to fix high altitude performance issues reported by some owners. The software update has been approved by ARAI, and will come pre-installed on all Interceptors and Continental GT motorcycles manufactured after June. Existing owners will receive the update from authorized Royal Enfield service stations, and the process is likely to take roughly 10 minutes.
Thoughts About The Aftermarket Exhaust System From S&S Performance
Our first thought is why? Why is Royal Enfield letting another firm offer S&S performance part when they offer it on their motorcycle in other countries? Taxes and what not appear to be an excuse at the moment considering High Note Performance is exporting the exhaust systems.
Having said that, we'd like to know the prices for the stage one upgrades. We know for a fact that the ECU, the air filter and the exhaust system have to be changed together if there has to be any meaning to it. While we can't build an ECU and a performance air filter, we're convinced Rizwan Bhai can build the pipes for us for less than half the price, and we'll get a years warranty, at least.