- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs DC: Looking to play good brand of cricket to make this season a memorable one: KL Rahul
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp, will be launching a BS-VI complaint model of their Splendor iSmart commuter bike. Ahead of its launch, a leaked document reveals the engine specs of the upcoming BS-VI motorcycle.
According to Rushlane the new BS-VI model will see a slight increase in the engine capacity of 113.2cc as compared to the current-model's 109.15cc. However, there is a slight drop in the power made by the new BS-VI engine which is 9.02bhp as compared to the 9.4bhp produced by the BS-IV engine on the current-model.
The BS-VI model is also expected to feature a fuel-injected engine as well, which will make the bike more fuel efficient and ensure smooth power delivery. The document also reveals that the Splendor iSmart to be offered with two variants with a new variant featuring disc brakes on the front and drum set up at the rear.
Both variants will be featured with the company's IBS (Integrated Braking System) which will activate brakes at both ends, even if the rider operates brakes at one end. This will ensure the safety of the rider and make the brakes more accurate with less stopping distance.
The BS-VI model will continue to get the i3s technology featured on the current-model as well. The i3s technology will enable the bike to switch off the engine when not needed. It will start the engine again when the rider simply press the clutch. This will help save fuel and decrease running costs.
The current prices of the Hero Splendor iSmart starts at Rs 57,000 ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the BS-VI model to be priced 12 - 15 per cent higher as compared to the BS-IV model at around Rs 66,000 ex-showroom.
In other news, Hero MotoCorp recorded 612,204 units of sales in the month of September as compared to the 769,138 units sold in the same month last year. This is a decline of 20.4 percent due to the current auto slowdown faced by the industries.
However, Hero has managed to register a growth of 12.6 percent as compared to the August 2019, which saw the company selling 543,046 units in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Splendor iSmart BS-VI
The Splendor iSmart will the first to be launched with a BS-VI compliant engine in the Indian commuter segment. Hero hopes to boost sales this festive season by offering a new product from their line-up. The company is expected to follow-up with a launch of BS-VI compliant scooter as well.