- 12 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 13 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 13 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 13 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Lifestyle 7 Science-backed Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Bugleweed
- Technology Honor V30 Confirmed For November Launch: Price And Specifications
- News RRC Group D exam 2019 delayed further
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- Sports Club Brugge 0-5 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe hat-trick leaves visitors on brink of last 16
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp, will be launching a BS-VI complaint model of their Splendor iSmart commuter bike. Ahead of its launch, a leaked document reveals the engine specs of the upcoming BS-VI motorcycle.
According to Rushlane the new BS-VI model will see a slight increase in the engine capacity of 113.2cc as compared to the current-model's 109.15cc. However, there is a slight drop in the power made by the new BS-VI engine which is 9.02bhp as compared to the 9.4bhp produced by the BS-IV engine on the current-model.
The BS-VI model is also expected to feature a fuel-injected engine as well, which will make the bike more fuel efficient and ensure smooth power delivery. The document also reveals that the Splendor iSmart to be offered with two variants with a new variant featuring disc brakes on the front and drum set up at the rear.
Both variants will be featured with the company's IBS (Integrated Braking System) which will activate brakes at both ends, even if the rider operates brakes at one end. This will ensure the safety of the rider and make the brakes more accurate with less stopping distance.
The BS-VI model will continue to get the i3s technology featured on the current-model as well. The i3s technology will enable the bike to switch off the engine when not needed. It will start the engine again when the rider simply press the clutch. This will help save fuel and decrease running costs.
The current prices of the Hero Splendor iSmart starts at Rs 57,000 ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the BS-VI model to be priced 12 - 15 per cent higher as compared to the BS-IV model at around Rs 66,000 ex-showroom.
In other news, Hero MotoCorp recorded 612,204 units of sales in the month of September as compared to the 769,138 units sold in the same month last year. This is a decline of 20.4 percent due to the current auto slowdown faced by the industries.
However, Hero has managed to register a growth of 12.6 percent as compared to the August 2019, which saw the company selling 543,046 units in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Splendor iSmart BS-VI
The Splendor iSmart will the first to be launched with a BS-VI compliant engine in the Indian commuter segment. Hero hopes to boost sales this festive season by offering a new product from their line-up. The company is expected to follow-up with a launch of BS-VI compliant scooter as well.