- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Asuran Box Office Collections 17 Days: Dhanush Starrer Continues Its Record-breaking Run!
- News Maharashtra elections: Average assets of re-contesting MLAs increased by 73 per cent
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
India's leading bicycle manufacturer Hero Cycles has launched the Lectro EHX20 electric bike in India. The newly launched electric bike is priced at Rs 1.35 lakh.
The Lectro electric bike is jointly developed by Hero Cycles Limited, Yamaha Motor Company Limited and Mitsui & Co. Ltd. The strategic partnership between the three companies was announced last year.
The Lectro EHX20 features an electric motor designed and developed in Japan, but the electric bike itself is manufactured in India at Hero Cycles' Ghaziabad plant. Hero plans to export the e-bikes to other countries around the world.
Present at the launch for e-bikes, Pankaj M Munjal, Chairman and Managing Director, HMC, a Hero Motors Company, said,
"We are proud to unveil the Lectro EHX20 powered by Yamaha, the first collaborative product between Hero Cycles and Yamaha Motor. It is the first branded E-Cycle which is driven by a centre motor and resultantly delivers a high performance experience suitable for extreme adventure sports. With promising days ahead for the E-Cycle market, we hope to deliver more such path-breaking products for different sections of the Indian audience in the future."
The Lectro EHX20 is also capable of handling off-road terrain thanks to its suspension. The EHX20 features a center-mounted motor positioned directly between the pedals, as compared to hub motors featured on other electric-bikes.
The electric bike features a 10.9 AH battery that can be swapped in for another battery upon running out of juice. The battery weighs only 2kgs making for an easier battery swap process. The Lectro EHX20 boasts of a claimed driving range of 80kms on a single charge. It takes between 3.5 to 4 hours to charge it up fully.
When the battery charge goes empty, you need not worry as the bike features a pedal assist as well. The Lectro EHX20 features five power modes, each offering different power outputs from the electric motor.
To enable the power mode feature, the bike is equipped with a torque sensor, a speed sensor and a crank sensor. The bike features Shimano hydraulic disc brakes with superior braking force. It also features a 2X10 gear unit as well.
The Lectro EHX20 will be available at all Hero Cycles outlets, and the sales, distribution and marketing support is handled by Mitsui & Co. Hero will add more models under Lectro brand at lower price points to target different price range and a wide range of customers.
Thoughts About The Hero Lectro EHX20 Electric Bike Launch
The Lectro EHX20 electric bike is targeted towards last-mile connectivity and commutes within the city. Hero targets the Lectro e-bike in premium segment for cycles. The electric bike will be a good option for buyers looking at a cycle, which can be used for long distance cycling, off-road activity and daily commute. Green mobility is constantly evolving in India, but it is still a very early stage resulting in the high cost for the products.