- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
India's leading bicycle manufacturer Hero Cycles has launched the Lectro EHX20 electric bike in India. The newly launched electric bike is priced at Rs 1.35 lakh.
The Lectro electric bike is jointly developed by Hero Cycles Limited, Yamaha Motor Company Limited and Mitsui & Co. Ltd. The strategic partnership between the three companies was announced last year.
The Lectro EHX20 features an electric motor designed and developed in Japan, but the electric bike itself is manufactured in India at Hero Cycles' Ghaziabad plant. Hero plans to export the e-bikes to other countries around the world.
Present at the launch for e-bikes, Pankaj M Munjal, Chairman and Managing Director, HMC, a Hero Motors Company, said,
"We are proud to unveil the Lectro EHX20 powered by Yamaha, the first collaborative product between Hero Cycles and Yamaha Motor. It is the first branded E-Cycle which is driven by a centre motor and resultantly delivers a high performance experience suitable for extreme adventure sports. With promising days ahead for the E-Cycle market, we hope to deliver more such path-breaking products for different sections of the Indian audience in the future."
The Lectro EHX20 is also capable of handling off-road terrain thanks to its suspension. The EHX20 features a center-mounted motor positioned directly between the pedals, as compared to hub motors featured on other electric-bikes.
The electric bike features a 10.9 AH battery that can be swapped in for another battery upon running out of juice. The battery weighs only 2kgs making for an easier battery swap process. The Lectro EHX20 boasts of a claimed driving range of 80kms on a single charge. It takes between 3.5 to 4 hours to charge it up fully.
When the battery charge goes empty, you need not worry as the bike features a pedal assist as well. The Lectro EHX20 features five power modes, each offering different power outputs from the electric motor.
To enable the power mode feature, the bike is equipped with a torque sensor, a speed sensor and a crank sensor. The bike features Shimano hydraulic disc brakes with superior braking force. It also features a 2X10 gear unit as well.
The Lectro EHX20 will be available at all Hero Cycles outlets, and the sales, distribution and marketing support is handled by Mitsui & Co. Hero will add more models under Lectro brand at lower price points to target different price range and a wide range of customers.
Thoughts About The Hero Lectro EHX20 Electric Bike Launch
The Lectro EHX20 electric bike is targeted towards last-mile connectivity and commutes within the city. Hero targets the Lectro e-bike in premium segment for cycles. The electric bike will be a good option for buyers looking at a cycle, which can be used for long distance cycling, off-road activity and daily commute. Green mobility is constantly evolving in India, but it is still a very early stage resulting in the high cost for the products.