- 25 min ago Tata Cassini SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: To Rival The Toyota Fortuner
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Hatchbacks In India For August 2019: Maruti Suzuki Tops The List With Swift & WagonR
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- Movies FLASHBACK! Salim Khan: If You KILL Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan; They'll Become IMMORTAL LOVERS
- Lifestyle Genelia Deshmukh Gives Us Stylish Denim-inspiration With Her Photoshoot
- News SC allows GN Azad to visit J&K; CJI Gogoi says he may visit the state "If requirement arises"
- Technology Realme XT Vs Realme 5 Pro: Which One You Should Buy?
- Finance IPO Market Remains Lacklustre In 2019; High Market Volatility Keeps Companies And Investors Away
- Sports Kenya's Geoffrey Kamworor breaks world half marathon record
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hero Electric has launched two new scooters in the Indian market — the Optima ER and the Nyx ER. The two new electric scooters are priced at Rs 68,721 and Rs 69,754, ex-showroom (India).
The two electric scooters are additions to the extended range to the standard Optima E5 and Nyx E5. The two scooter will be available in the brand's ‘high-speed series' range. The two new scooters will feature the same electric motor as the standard models. However, the new scooters will feature two battery packs instead of one.
The Hero Electric Optima ER will come with a 600W BLDC electric motor with a 48V single-battery pack. The new electric scooter will continue to offer the same performance and top-speed of 40km/h as the standard. The scooter now claims a range of 100km, with the batteries taking up to 4.5 hours to charge up completely.
The Hero Electric Nyx ER will also use the same 48V battery pack and the 600W BLDC motor as on the Optima ER. This electric scooter will also come with the same performance, top speed and range as the Optima ER offering. This includes a top speed of 40km/h and a maximum range of 100kms on a single charge.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric India, stated:
"We want to offer the best Hero Electric products to all our customers. One feedback we have received is the range anxiety associated with e-scooters, and with the Optima ER and Nyx ER we are addressing that issue and offering a package that is high on performance and usability. I am confident that customers will appreciate these additions alongside the FAME II benefits that have made our range even more affordable."
Apart from the launch of the two new electric scooter, Hero Electric also announced the inauguration of its new corporate office in Bangalore. This is part of the company's expansion plans for south India. Hero Electric hopes to increase customer touch points from the current 615 to over 1000 by the end of 2020.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric Scooters Launched In India
The two new Hero Electric scooters now offer customers an extended range of options in the Indian market. The company has addressed the issue of range anxiety associated with electric scooters in the Indian market. The two new Hero electric scooters will rival the likes of the Avan Trend E, Okinawa Praise and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.