- 2 hrs ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- 7 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 8 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- News "Howdy Houston!" says Modi on arrival for a week-long US visit
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Hero Electric has launched two new scooters in the Indian market — the Optima ER and the Nyx ER. The two new electric scooters are priced at Rs 68,721 and Rs 69,754, ex-showroom (India).
The two electric scooters are additions to the extended range to the standard Optima E5 and Nyx E5. The two scooter will be available in the brand's ‘high-speed series' range. The two new scooters will feature the same electric motor as the standard models. However, the new scooters will feature two battery packs instead of one.
The Hero Electric Optima ER will come with a 600W BLDC electric motor with a 48V single-battery pack. The new electric scooter will continue to offer the same performance and top-speed of 40km/h as the standard. The scooter now claims a range of 100km, with the batteries taking up to 4.5 hours to charge up completely.
The Hero Electric Nyx ER will also use the same 48V battery pack and the 600W BLDC motor as on the Optima ER. This electric scooter will also come with the same performance, top speed and range as the Optima ER offering. This includes a top speed of 40km/h and a maximum range of 100kms on a single charge.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric India, stated:
"We want to offer the best Hero Electric products to all our customers. One feedback we have received is the range anxiety associated with e-scooters, and with the Optima ER and Nyx ER we are addressing that issue and offering a package that is high on performance and usability. I am confident that customers will appreciate these additions alongside the FAME II benefits that have made our range even more affordable."
Apart from the launch of the two new electric scooter, Hero Electric also announced the inauguration of its new corporate office in Bangalore. This is part of the company's expansion plans for south India. Hero Electric hopes to increase customer touch points from the current 615 to over 1000 by the end of 2020.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric Scooters Launched In India
The two new Hero Electric scooters now offer customers an extended range of options in the Indian market. The company has addressed the issue of range anxiety associated with electric scooters in the Indian market. The two new Hero electric scooters will rival the likes of the Avan Trend E, Okinawa Praise and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.