- 11 min ago Kia Seltos Live Launch Updates: Specs, Features, Variants, Prices & Other Details
- 23 min ago Hyundai Venue 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Variant Launch Confirmed For Before BS-VI Deadline
- 2 hrs ago Deadline Not Set For Transition To Electric Vehicles Says Nitin Gadkari
- 15 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launching Today In India: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Launch
- Finance How To Temporarily Lock Access To SBI Net Banking?
- Movies Dabaang 3: More Security, Higher Walls - Salman Khan's Strategy To Protect Movie From Leaks
- News Arrested Chidambaram on Indrani Mukerjea's testimony? Cong questions Modi govt's dependability
- Sports UFC returns to Tampa with a pivotal Women's Strawweight headliner
- Technology Nokia 7.2 Confirmed To Flaunt Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day One: Lisa Haydon And Hardik Pandya Graced The Ramp In Sculptural Outfits
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Harley-Davidson has been teasing the arrival of their first electric motorcycle for quite a while now. The Harley-Davidson Livewire was first unveiled at EICMA 2018, before being showcased in its near-production-ready form at CES 2019.
The Livewire has been confirmed to go on sale in American and certain European markets in the coming months. The company has also released the prices for the motorcycle for the US market at $29,799 USD (approximately Rs 20.4 lakh, excluding taxes).
Now, ahead of its official launch in the international market, the Harley-Davidson Livewire has been listed on the company's Indian website. However, the launch of the electric motorcycle in the Indian market is not expected anytime soon.
Harley-Davidson recently revealed the specifications of its new electric motorcycle for the international market. The Livewire comes powered by a 15.5kWh battery pack, connected to an electric motor placed under the fuel tank. The battery pack allows the electric motor to generate 103bhp and 116Nm of peak torque.
The electric motorcycle also claims impressive performance figures as well; said to be capable of doing a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 3.5 seconds. Harley-Davidson also claims that the Livewire will come with a maximum range of 235km on a single charge.
The electric motor and the battery will be placed in the same position as the conventional IC engine. The 'fake fuel-filler cap' will now house the socket for charging the batteries on the motorcycle.
Harley-Davidson has included the Livewire with a Level-3 DC fast-charging system, which allows 0 - 80 per cent charge in 40 minutes and 100 per cent charge in 60 minutes.
In terms of design, the Livewire has been inspired by the brand's Sportster lineup. It comes with full- LED headlamps and taillights, aluminium frame and a digital instrument cluster as well. It also features a suspension set up from Showa, while the brakes are sourced from Brembo; ensuring a comfortable ride.
Thoughts On The Harley-Davidson Livewire On The Indian Website
The Harley-Davidson Livewire may be listed on the Indian website, however, this does not indicate that the motorcycle will enter the market anytime soon; especially with the electric charging infrastructure in the country still at its very early stages. Having said this, there is a small chance that the company may still bring the model to the Indian shores in a couple of years time.