- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Hina Khan Is Highest Paid Actress In Television? The Actress Has A Witty Answer!
- News Meet the youngest Lok Sabha MP from Odisha, Chandrani Murmu
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Harley-Davidson has launched the Forty-Eight Special and Street Glide Special in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 10.98 lakh and Rs 30.53 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively. The Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special is based on the Forty-Eight Sportster but features a few changes in design.
The 7.9-litre fuel tank for instance now looks like the one on the Dark Custom and features 70s' style tank art. It comes with big ol' 7.25-inch tallboy handlebars that allow the rider to lean more forward.
The Forty-Eight Special is otherwise a bare-basics model. It has a seat height of 710mm and a ground clearance of 110mm. It measures in at 2,165mm in length and has a wheelbase of 1,495mm. The Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special rides on a 49mm fork up front and features adjustable rear suspension.
An air-cooled, 1,202cc V-Twin powers the Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special. It produces a peak torque output of 96Nm and the 5-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel via a belt. Prices for the Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight start from Rs 10.98 lakh for the Vivid Black colour scheme. The top-spec two-tone custom colour costs Rs 11.52 lakh.
Alongside the Forty-Eight Special, Harley-Davidson also launched the Street Glide Special. The Street Glide Special is a touring motorcycle that comes with all the bells and whistles a touring motorcycle is expected to have.
It comes with a touchscreen infotainment system that one can use for navigation, weather reports and for music. Sound is reproduced through stereo speakers that can be upgraded as required by the customer.
The Street Glide Special features with a large headlamp fairing up front and luggage boxes at the rear. It features ultra-comfortable seats that make riding this machine on long distances a breeze.
It is a model that sits almost at the top of the Harley-Davidson product range in India. It is powered by The Milwaukee-Eight, 114CI, 1,868cc motor with a peak torque output of 165Nm. The Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special is imported as a completely built unit.
Thoughts On Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Special and Street Glide Special Launched In India
Harley-Davidson has what is without doubt, the most-expansive line-up of cruisers in its product portfolio. With the launch of the two new models, the company further expands its range. The Forty-Eight Special and Street Glide Special cater to two very different audiences and customer profiles.