- 7 hrs ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 10 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 10 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 11 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- News Beware! Indian Army cautions soldiers against suspected girl spy on Instagram
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: England v Australia: Morgan's men look for response after Sri Lanka setback
- Movies Kabir Singh Box Office Fourth Day Collection: Shahid Kapoor In A Celebration Mode
- Technology Realme Smartphone With 64MP Camera Sensor On Cards – What To Expect
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Wipey — a small electric helmet wiper system, which works similarly to the wipers on cars. The small new device is said to go on Kickstarter in May, ahead of the the monsoon season.
Wipey is a snap-on device which is compatible with any helmet: full-face, modular and open-face. The device fixes on to the visors of helmets through permanent guides positioned either horizontally or vertically depending on the preference of the rider. Designed specifically for motorcycle helmets, the device is 'aerodynamic' to help reduce drags at high speeds.
The helmet wiper runs on batteries and can be operated at a touch of a button. Once fixed on to the linear guides, Wipey also has a small safety-spring which locks the wiper into place, ensuring it is secured.
According to the official website, the Wipey can be attached and removed within a second. The battery used for the wiper system are replaceable and lasts for up to 3 hours of continuous usage and 12 hours of intermittent usage. The company also claims that the electric helmet wiper has been tested at speeds of up to 130km/h .
The electric wiper comes with a small button both on top of the wipers as well as an additional one which fixes on the handlebars. The button on the handlebars is connected to the main device using Bluetooth. Similar to car windshield wipers, Wipey also comes with speed adjustability, with the small wiper blades offering intervals of either 1, 3 or 6 seconds.
According to the product description, the Wipey comes with a one-year warranty, with the wiper blades being replaceable as well. The Wipey will go on kickstarter from May and will be available for shipping by the year-end. Interested customers can get up to 50 percent early-bird discount in case of bookings done right away. The Wipey is currently in its prototype stages, with production said to start soon.
Thoughts On The Electric Helmet Wiper
Wipey is a small electric helmet device, which generates a lot of curiosity. Once launched on Kickstarter, Wipey will enter full production and should be available by the year-end. The brand is yet to announce any specific launch timeline, however, we can see it generating a lot of interest, especially among motorcycle riders.