- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 12 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Karnataka floor test LIVE: Hit by resignations, will HDK be able to hold on to CM's chair?
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Ducati has unveiled their one-off version of the Diavel model, called the Diavel S 1260 Materico. The special one-off model celebrates the Milan Design Week in Italy and features a number of cosmetic changes, which help it stand out among the standard version.
The Ducati Diavel S 1260 Materico has been designed and conceptualised by a number of designers including Andrea Ferraresi (Ducati), Mitja Borket (Lamborghini), Piero Misani (Pirelli R&D Director) and Walter De Silva (former VW Design Boss). Apart from the updates to the Diavel's design, the motorcycle also makes use of a number of other sophisticated materials all across the Materico.
The Ducati Diavel S 1260 Materico makes use of carbon-fibre side panels on he fuel tank, suede-style material for the seats, unique 10-spoke alloy wheel design and a bunch of yellow accents along the air-intake edges and seats, as well as a blacked-out exhaust.
The Ducati Diavel S 1260 Materico also comes with a TFT LCD Instrument console, hands free ignition, cruise control and bluetooth connectivity; among other standard features on offer.
Mechanically, the Diavel S 1260 Materico remains unchanged. It continues to be powered by a 1262cc L-twin 'Testastretta' engine producing 159bhp and 129Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Diavel uses 50mm upside-down forks at the front and a 48mm monoshock at the rear with pre-load adjustability. Both the front and rear suspension setups are from Ohlins. Braking on the Diavel 1260 S is through twin 320mm discs up front and a single 260mm disc at the rear from Brembo.
Andrea Farraresi, Ducati Design Director, stated:
"We wanted to pay homage to the incredibly artistic and creative Milan Design Week by making our Diavel 1260 more audacious and original than ever. The Diavel 1260 Materico brings out all the vividness of the used material and the painstaking attention to detail that, together with high-tech components, make this bike such an effective blend of form and function."
Thoughts On The Ducati Diavel S 1260 Materico
The Special edition one-off Diavel 1260 S Materico will not make it into production. The motorcycle, will however, be showcased at a number of events in Milan, Italy including the Mororcycle Arts and Designers Show (MOARD) between 3rd and 5th May.