- 22 min ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 2 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 3 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports ISL 2019-20: I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, but myself: Jeje Lalpekhlua
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Stage 9 results of Dakar 2019 are out and it is a proud moment for India. Michael Metge from Sherco TVS Racing was the first one to cross the finish line. This is the first time an Indian team has finished a stage in this year's Dakar rally, in the top position.
Dakar 2019 Stage 9 looped around Pisco and advanced through the Ica desert. The 80km dune sector at the beginning and the coastal dunes marked by the infamous 'subida de los burros', or 'the rise of the donkeys' gave way for a spectacular view. Stage 9 extended to a length of 409km (96km liaison; 313km special) — check out the results of Stage 8.
At the end of the penultimate stage of Dakar 2019, Michael Metge came first as mentioned before (22nd overall). Following close were Daniel Nosiglia (Monster Energy Honda) and Pablo Quintanilla (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna) who finished in the second and third positions, respectively.
Shero TVS Racing's other riders, Adrien Metge (brother to Michael Metge) maintained consistency by finishing in the 20th place (23rd overall), while Aravind KP is inching closer to his first Dakar finish (the second Indian to finish Dakar, after CS Santosh). Aravind faced some mechanical issues on the way and crossed the line in the 55th position; landing him at 39th position overall.
Meanwhile, Oriol Mena from Hero MotoSports finished Stage 9 at 10th position and jumped to the 9th position in the overall standings. His teammate, Joaquim Rodrigues came 18th in the stage and ended up 17th overall.
With just one more stage to go, both Indian teams are willing to lend all kinds of support to their riders. As for the riders, they are determined to make their teams proud by at least getting in the top 10.
Michael Metge showcased a stellar performance in the ninth stage of Dakar 2019 and is expected to do the same in the final. Both Sherco TVS Racing and Hero MotoSports are getting ready to give everything they got in Stage 10, which goes from Pisco to Lima.