- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- Technology Buying Guide: Best 32MP Selfie Camera Smartphones Available In India
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW Motorrad India has launched the 2019 S 1000 RR model in the Indian market. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is available in three variants: Standard, Pro and Pro M Sport. The 'standard' variant is available with a price tag of Rs 18.50 lakh; the 'Pro' variant is priced at Rs 20.95 lakh while the top-spec 'Pro M Sport' variant is offered with a price tag of Rs 22.95 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The bookings for the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is now open, with deliveries of the litre-class superbike starting soon. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR now comes with a completely updated design along with a revised engine and mechanicals, which now offer increased power output figures.
In terms of appearance, the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR comes with an updated design, which is more compact and agile than the previous generation models. The main change comes in the form of the twin-LED headlamp units up front; replacing the iconic asymmetrical headlamp units on the previous models. The fairing on the 2019 S 1000 RR has also been updated, now exposing more of the engine. The rear also now receives LED tail lights with LED turn indicators.
BMW has also updated the engine, which is now more powerful than before. It is powered by the same 999cc in-line four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 207bhp at 13,500rpm and 113Nm of torque at 11,000rpm; an increase of 8bhp from the older model. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox with slipper clutch and a bi-directional quick-shifter offered as standard.
Being more compact than before, the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR is now 11kg lighter, weighing in at 196kg (dry weight). This weight reduction is mainly due to the use of lighter materials for the working components, redesigned chassis and a WSBK-inspired swingarm.
The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR comes with a host of features and equipment. Some of these include: six-axis IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), cornering ABS, Traction Control, Hill-Start Assist, Engine Braking Control and a 6.5-inch TFT screen with smartphone connectivity through Bluetooth. It also comes with four different riding modes: Rain, Road, Race and Dynamic.
BMW also offers the 2019 S 1000 RR with a more sport-oriented 'M' package, which adds additional features such as Wheelie Control, Launch Control, Slide Control and an additional 'Race Pro' riding mode.
Thoughts On The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR Launch
The BMW S 1000 RR is one of the most iconic litre-class motorcycles in the market. It offers a host of features and equipments for both road and track usage. The 2019 BMW S 1000 RR continues to rival the likes of the Yamaha YZF-R1, Kawasaki ZX-10R, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade and the Ducati Panigale V4.