- 10 min ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- 1 hr ago Ford Recalls The Endeavour SUV In India — Voluntary Inspection Of Faulty Airbag Inflators
- 1 hr ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- 13 hrs ago Renault Duster Accessories: Looking For Official Accessories – Here's The List
- Movies Leaving Salman Khan Behind, Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Uri & Kabir Singh Being The Most Liked Films
- News Sidhu's resignation accepted, forwarded to Punjab Governor
- Technology Samsung Wireless Power Bank: Fast-Charging Comes To Power Banks
- Sports CoA stuns BCCI, Lodha asking India captain, coach to decide on WAG travel schedule
- Finance Canada’s Brookefield To Invest Rs 25,215 Cr In Reliance’s Tower Trust
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
BMW has completed the 50th anniversary of their /5 Series motorcycle models. Also, they have completed 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in the Berlin Spandau factory.
Now, to celebrate both the 50th anniversaries, the German two-wheeler brand has introduced a limited edition BMW R nineT /5 model. The new limited R nineT /5 model is based on the outgoing BMW R nineT model.
The motorcycle pays tribute to /5 series products such as the R 50/5, R 60/5 and R 75/5. As far as the design and styling go, the BMW R nineT /5 limited edition comes with a Lupine Blue metallic paint with smoke effect. Also, the fuel tank gets a double line marking, which has the anniversary emblem embedded, along with tank-pads.
The chrome treatment for the exhaust manifold and the rear view mirrors accentuates the retro-styling of the R nineT /5. Other than that, the upgrades include a double seat that is contoured in the style of the /5 and a grab strap for the pillion. There are heated grips and seats as standard on the motorcycle. Other details include fork gaiters, spoked wheels and aluminium finished wheel hubs for the motorcycle a classic old-school look.
The limited edition R nineT /5 draws power from the standard BMW R nineT model. The engine is a 1,170 cc air/oil-cooled, Boxer flat twin, 4-stroke engine. Power figures are 108.5bhp at 7,750 rpm and 116Nm of peak torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Other modern features include ABS, ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. The motorcycle rides on 17-inch wheels on both ends, while braking duties are handled by 320 mm dual discs at the front and a 265 mm single disc at the rear. Prices of the limited edition model are yet to be announced.
Thoughts On The Limited Edition BMW R nineT /5
By introducing this limited edition motorcycle the company will not only celebrate its 50th anniversary but also keep the trend and the legacy of the retro classics with all the modern touches.