- 13 hrs ago Royal Enfield Headed To Double Digit Growth Says New CEO Vinod Dasari
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Jeeto Plus Launched In India: Priced At Rs 3.46 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago MG Motor Launches Experience On Wheels Mobile Showroom
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Baleno Sales Achieves New Milestone: Fastest Selling Premium Hatchback In The Country
- Technology Best Nokia Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000 That Support WhatsApp
- Movies Shabana Azmi’s Mother Shaukat Kaifi, Veteran Stage And Film Actress, Passes Away At 93
- News Naxal attack in Jharkhand's Latehar: 3 Jawans martyred, one injured
- Sports Indian National Rally Championship: Fabid, Dean-Gaurav showdown adds spice to Round 4 of INRC
- Finance Titan And Nestle India To Be Added To Sensex Next Month
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Home Remedies For Chickenpox
- Travel Jagdalpur – A Paradise Full Of Natural Bounties
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
German motorcycle manufacturer BMW Motorrad has announced that their BMW G 310 R and G310GS models have received over 600 bookings during the festive season between Navratri, Dussehera, and Diwali this year. The 600 bookings are the highest ever numbers posted by the company.
Both, the BMW G 310 R, and the BMW G310GS were offered along with free insurance and free registration during the festive season. While both motorcycles have been designed and developed at the company's facility at Munich in Germany, they are locally manufactured at TVS's facility at Hosur, Karnataka.
Rudratej Singh, the President and Chief Executive Officer at BMW Group India, feels that the company has an extremely aspirational and distinguished set of products that have slowly gained popularity amongst the motorcycling community in the country.
Mr Singh said, "BMW Motorrad has created a very strong position for itself in the premium motorcycle segment. All these factors have contributed to the remarkable success of BMW G 310 motorcycles during the festive season exceeding all expectations."
"For our customers, the irresistible festive offer was the best Diwali gift as they realized their dream to own the ultimate riding machine. With BMW Motorrad community growing strongly in the country, we will continue to set new benchmarks in our performance," he added.
The BMW G 310 R and the BMW G310GS feature a 313cc liquid-cooled engine that produces 33.6bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission. The BMW G 310 R shares its engine with the TVS Apache RR 310, but arrives in a different state of tune. The motorcycles are priced at Rs 2.99 lakh and Rs 3.49 lakh respectively (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The G 310 R And G310GS Receiving Over 600 Bookings
Kudos to BMW Motorrad for achieving over 600 bookings for the G 310 R. The company charges a premium for the BMW name and it is fairly difficult to achieve these numbers in a country where consumers are price conscious. Having said that, we're not surprised the R model outsold the GS model. A majority of the India populous use motorcycles as a mean to commute, and not for long distance riding or touring.