- 9 hrs ago Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Pro Edition Cars Launched: Pro Edition Harrier, Nexon, Tiago, Tigor & Hexa Introduced
- 10 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago Himachal Pradesh To Go 100 Percent Electric By 2030 Says State Government
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Lifestyle 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Benling, a Chinese electric scooter manufacturer is all set to launch its flagship product, the Aura, in India towards the end of September 2019. The Benling Aura electric scooter will be the first product from the Chinese brand that belongs to their 'high-speed' range in the Indian market.
*images for representational purposes only.
The Benling Aura electric scooter will come equipped with a 2500W, 72V BLDC electric motor. It will also feature a 72V/40Ah Lithium-ion battery. The electric motor and battery combination gives the scooter a maximum range of 120km on a single charge, and a recorded top speed of 60km/h.
The lithium-ion battery on the Benling Aura can be charged using conventional household sockets. The batteries can be charged from 0 to 100 per cent in just three hours.
Other mechanicals includes a telescopic suspension set up at the front and twin-shocks at the rear. Braking will be handled by disc brakes at either end, while the scooter uses 12-inch wheels with 90/90 tyre profiles.
In terms of design, the Benling Aura looks like a Vespa knock-off. Design elements include round headlamps up front, turn indicators on the front cowl, large flat seats, a big footboard, and classic-lookings tail lights at the rear.
The Chinese electric scooter manufacturer will also pack the Aura with a host of features and other equipment. Some of the features expected on the Benling Aura are a fully-digital instrument cluster, an anti-theft alarm, a reverse park assist, and keyless-access.
Benling will also introduce their ‘Smart Breakdown Assistance' system on the Aura. This will be a segment-first in the electric scooter space in the Indian market. This system will allow the scooter to travel an additional 15km at the simple push of a button, in case of any breakdown.
The company is also thinking of introducing other features such as smartphone connectivity and an in-built GPS system.
Apart from the upcoming Aura electric scooter, Benling is also said to be working on its second model in the ‘high-speed' range. This second offering will be as packed & loaded as the Aura, and is expected to go on sale sometime in 2020.
Benling electric scooters are currently manufactured at its plant in Manesar. The company is currently working towards increasing localisation of its products in India. Benling is also looking to make a strong presence in the Indian market with four new manufacturing plants in the country, the newest one firing up at Chennai.
Benling currently operates 25 dealerships across the country. This includes dealerships in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gurugram, and Kolkata. This number is said to soon increase as the company is working on expanding their dealer presence in the Indian market. The company is also said to be in talks with various fleet operators for further expansion in the country.
Being a Lithium-ion battery powered scooter, the Benling Aura will receive benefits under the FAME-II scheme offered by the Indian government. Also, with the GST rates on electric scooters slashed to 5 per cent, Benling will be able to price the Aura very competitively.
The Benling Aura will be a premium electric scooter offering once launched. It is expected to be priced at around Rs 90,000 (ex-showroom-India). This will put the Benling Aura in direct competition with the Ather 450.
Benling India already has three products on sale in the country — the Kriti, the Falcon, and the Icon. However, these scooters are entry-level offerings. The brand is now aiming at the premium segment of the electric scooter space, which is currently dominated by Ather Energy.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Benling Aura Electric Scooter
Benling is looking to step-up their game in the Indian EV segment. With the launch of the Aura electric scooter, Benling is taking the fight to Ather Energy. But how will it pan out? Let's wait and watch. And we'd like to know Benling's definition of "breakdown". Also, is the Breakdown Assist System really a premium feature or is the build quality not good enough?