- 4 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 9 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- Sports No point shortlisting Jonty Rhodes if he isn't first choice, MSK Prasad makes it clear
- Movies Satte Pe Satta Remake: Anushka Sharma Replaces Deepika Padukone In This Hrithik Roshan Starrer?
- News Modi in France: PM calls on President Macron, welcomed warmly by Indian community
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Bajaj Auto is said to have discontinued their premium commuter motorcycle, the V15 in the Indian market. According to reports from BikeWale, the production of the Bajaj V15 has been stopped, although the official website still lists out the motorcycle.
Bajaj launched the V15 in the Indian market back in 2016. The motorcycle performed well initially thanks to its design, ride comfort and reasonable price tag. It also became popular due to its connection with Indian Navy's warship, INS Vikrant; whose metal was used in the bodywork of the V15. However, over the last few months the sales and demand of the motorcycle have fizzled out.
Reports also suggest that the production of the Bajaj V15 was halted after the new safety regulations came into effect from the 1st of April 2019. According to the new regulation, all 150cc and above two-wheelers are mandated to come equipped with ABS as standard. This is something the V15 missed out on, as Bajaj didn't update the motorcycle on time.
The V15 premium commuter motorcycle is powered by a 149.5cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine producing 12bhp and 10.7Nm of torque. It is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Bajaj V15 is priced at Rs 65,626 ex-showroom (Delhi). However, by updating the motorcycle to comply with the new safety regulation, prices would have gone significantly higher. Bajaj instead decided to focus more towards its more successful Pulsar range and have discontinued the V15.
Reports also suggest that the 'V' brand from Bajaj might make a comeback at a later stage. It will also bring out the V12, which was discontinued from the market last year. The new V12 will come equipped with the latest features, including the combi-braking technology; made mandatory for all two-wheelers less than 150cc.
Thoughts On The Bajaj V15 Discontinuation
The Bajaj V15 is said to have been discontinued from the Indian market, although it is still listed on the official website. The motorcycle offered good styling and decent performance. However, the drastic reduction in sales and demand for the motorcycle over the past few months had made Bajaj re-think its strategy for the premium commuter. It will be interesting to see if Bajaj bring any updates or replacement to the above motorcycles.