- 40 min ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 1 hr ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- 2 hrs ago MG Motor & eChargeBays Collaborates To Provide Home Charging Infrastructure
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Tata Nexon Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Infinix S5 Available At Rs. 8,999: Specifications And Colors
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Sports Aussie cricketer Shane Watson apologies for 'illicit' social media posts
- Movies Joaquin Phoenix On Deleted Scene From Joker
- News Hearing in Ayodhya case, the second-longest ever in the history of Supreme Court
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton Shows Us How To Give Western Outfits A Traditional Touch
- Finance Mahurat Trading 2019: Exchanges To Remain Open On 27 October For 1-Hour
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
There has been a lot confusion and excitement around the Husqvarna 401 twins. There were a lot of conflicting reports and update about the motorcycles. However, Bajaj has confirmed that the Husqvarna's production will move from Mattighofen, Austria, to the Bajaj facility at Chakan, Pune. Also Bajaj continues to test the Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 on Indian roads.
According to moneycontrol.com, Rakesh Sharma, Chief Commercial Officer, Bajaj Auto, said, "The Urbanite will start to make an appearance in six to nine months. That's also around the time we will see the 'Husky' models coming in." - This means that Bajaj will launch the Husqvarna 401 twins around August and November this year.
Mr. Sharma also stated that the Husqvarna 401 twins will retail via the existing 230 operational KTM dealerships in India. This gives them great exposure and a fantastic network.
Husqvarna will launch two models at the beginning - Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401. Both motorcycles are based on a similar platform of the KTM Duke 390, and will be powered by the same 373cc hooligan engine. The 373 on the KTM has set a benchmark in the sub-400cc segment.
The other launch that Bajaj is planning about the same time is the Urbanite. The Urbanite is the Electric Vehicle division of the company, and Bajaj is leaving no stone un-turned. At the unveiling of the new division, Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Auto, said they would introduce the first product 'soon', and now soon has a timeline. Between 6 and 9 months is what Bajaj says.
Bajaj has hinted that the first product that is launched under the Urbanite brand could be an electric scooter. They want to start small and build from there, and move to other formats. The Urbanite will have its own network of dealers, independent of the existing ones. Bajaj feels that the Urbanite brand will target a different audience, and therefore the different presentation.
There is propagation that the Urbanite products will not be conventional. They will be aspirational and stylish - the 'Tesla' of two-wheelers if you will. This may be worth the wait.
Thoughts About The Husqvarna Twins
Dear Lord! We decided over lunch, that one of our editors was to buy himself one of the 650 twins. No way that will happen. The Husqvarna twins are worth the wait! They look twice as aggressive as the first generation KTM Duke 390, and they look like they have been through a weight loss program, followed rather quickly by performance training. We shall wait, patiently. And when the twins arrive, we will have one of the first 10 machines that enter the Indian market.