- 15 min ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- 17 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- Technology Qubo Baby Cam From Hero Electronix Launched In India
- Finance Why This Mutual Fund Is The Best In Its Category?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Dortmund adamant over Sancho stay, Barcelona still want Depay
- News Current scenario along northern frontier at an uneasy no war, no peace status: IAF chief
- Movies Suriya’s Office In Alwarpet Receives Bomb Threat Call; Police Start Investigating
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal’s Little Black Dress Is All You Need To Rock The Saturday Night Party-Perfect Look
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Bajaj Auto is all set to introduce the Chetak electric in the Indian market. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is all set to go on sale in the country sometime from January-2020.
Ahead of its launch, Bajaj had initiated a 3000km ride of the electric scooter, across northern parts of India, called the 'Chetak Electric Yatra'. The ride recently concluded at the company's plant in Pune, where the electric scooters were unveiled — here are the details.
At the event, Bajaj announced that they are also working on a more powerful electric scooter, based on the e-Chetak. The new scooter is said to be currently under development, with an expected launch date of late-2020 or early-2021.
However, this new and more powerful electric scooter might not be sold under the branding of Bajaj. Rather, the company plans to introduce it either as a KTM or Husqvarna product.
Both KTM and Husqvarna are known to offer performance-oriented products. Hence the new electric scooter could follow the same theme, offering more power, extended range and a host of additional features as well.
The new EV will be a brand new model, with a different name and a more premium price tag. However, the company confirmed that it will carry forward the same platform as the Chetak electric scooter.
Talking about the Bajaj Chetak electric, the scooter has brought in mixed reactions in the Indian market, with many comparing its design to the Vespa. Recently, Tata Motors' Design Head, Pratap Bose also commented on the styling of the Chetak electric — here is what he had to say.
Bajaj has revealed very little information regarding the Chetak electric. As of what we know, the Bajaj Chetak electric will be offered with an IP-67 water resistance lithium-ion battery pack.
This will be mated to an electric motor, offering a total range of around 90km on a single charge. The electric scooter will also come with two riding modes: Sport & Eco.
Thoughts On The More Powerful Electric Scooter Under Development By Bajaj
Bajaj is currently concentrating on the launch of their first all-electric product in the Indian market. The new, more powerful electric scooter is still under early stages of development and will take a while to be showcased. However, with more and more companies introducing electric vehicles, it seems like the right step forward.