- 9 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Ashutosh Gowarikar On Panipat Controversy: People Should Be Patient To See What Is In The Movie
- News Even Lord Rama can't ensure a 100 % crime-free society: UP minister over Unnao case
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Bajaj Auto unveiled their first electric scooter in the form of the Chetak recently in India. As part of the unveiling, the company also announced the start of a 3,000km journey across all major cities in India, called the 'Chetak Electric Yatra'.
20 riders were part of the ‘Chetak Electric Yatra' which will eventually conclude in Pune on the 14th of November. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter will be showcased in the city, upon completion of the ride. This will be the first time the Bajaj Chetak electric will be showcased in the city.
Bajaj is planning to introduce the electric scooter phase-wise in the Indian market. The Chetak electric will first go on sale in Pune and Bangalore, to help give the company a market check of the product. Once introduced in the two cities, it will further be introduced in other parts of the country at a later stage.
Bajaj will retail the Chetak electric scooter across all KTM dealerships in the city. The dealerships will be upgraded very soon, to accommodate the electric scooter. This will also allow Bajaj to position the Chetak electric as a premium product in the Indian market.
Bajaj hasn't revealed too many details of the electric scooter. However, they did announce that the Chetak electric will come with a maximum range of 95km on a single charge. The electric scooter will also come with different riding modes, altering the range and performance for each.
In terms of design, the Bajaj Chetak electric will carry forward a classic-retro styling. This includes smooth panels with minimal creases and graphics.
Recently, Pratap Bose, VP, Head of Design, Tata Motors had commented on the styling of the Bajaj Chetak Electric — here is what he had to say.
However, the Chetak electric will come with a host of modern equipment, this includes LED headlamps, digital instrument cluster, LED taillights and other software for communications, security features and authentication.
Other features expected on the Bajaj Chetak electric include reverse mode, regenerative braking, single-sided front suspension and a mono-shock rear suspension and disc brakes at the front, supported by CBS technology (Combi-Braking System).
Thoughts On The Bajaj Chetak Electric Showcase In Pune
Bajaj has brought back the ‘Chetak' moniker after 14 years in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Chetak electric is expected to go on sale in India, sometime in January 2020. Once launched in India, the electric scooter will rival the likes of the Ather 450 and the Okinawa range of premium e-scooters as well.