- 41 min ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 1 hr ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News Election Results 2019: BJP wins 303 seats, Congress settles for 52, as per EC
- Sports Cricket World Cup 2019: Not at all worried about the flat tracks in England, says Yuzvendra Chahal
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Avan Motors — a Delhi-based electric scooter company, has launched their Xero+ e-scooter in India. The Avan Xero+ electric scooter is priced at Rs 47,000, ex-showroom (Delhi). Avan Motors has priced the Xero+ e-scooter in the affordable range to promote the use of EVs in India.
The Avan Xero+ electric scooter was first showcased in September 2018. The electric scooter comes with two detachable battery packs. The single battery pack offers a range of 60km/charge while the double-battery unit provides a range of 110km/charge.
The Xero+ electric scooter can reach a top speed of 45km/h and has a charging time of two to four hours. The batteries are detachable, which allows users to charge them at regular ports as well.
The Xero+ is powered by a 48V, 28Ah lithium-ion battery pack BLDC Motors. The electric scooter has an unladen weight of 62kg and can carry a maximum load of 150kg. The Xero+ uses conventional telescopic front forks and a coil spring suspension at the rear.
The running cost of the Xero+ is just 10 per cent compared to that of a conventional scooter in India. The electric scooter is said to be designed for the Indian road conditions. The e-scooter comes with a disc brake set up at the front and a drum brake at the rear. It also features a top-box at the rear, which can be used as additional storage space by users.
Apart from these features, Avan Motors also stated that the electric scooter will be provided with roadside assistance, extended warranty and also a spare parts tool kits for their first few customers.
The Avan Xero+ electric scooter in India is available in three colour choices — Red, White & Blue.
Pankaj Tiwari, Business Development Head, Avan Motors said, "Electric vehicles are the future of commuting and our vehicles have shown that eco-friendliness need not come at the cost of less performance. The Xero+ has received great response from our users and comes at a very practical price point."
"Continuing with its success story further, Avan plans to launch new scooters and vehicles across categories to meet the needs of a wide consumer segment. Every product will be a unique one in its category, equipped with an array of features that will make them a leader in their respective segments."
He further added, "We are also working with advanced technology that promises to enhance the user experience and benefit them in different ways. With our new range of e-scooters and an efficient pricing strategy, we want to encourage more people to go the EV way, not just as a novelty but as a big part of their lifestyle, becoming the norm rather than an alternative."
Thoughts On the Avan Xero+ Electric Scooter In India
The Avan Xero+ is the lastest product to join the electric two-wheeler space in the Indian market. The Xero+ is also one of the most efficient EVs in the two-wheeler market, with a range of 110km/charge while also being one of the most affordable as well. The Avan Xero+ rivals the likes of the Okinawa Praise and the Ather 340 and Ather 450 in India.