- 2 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 3 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Karnataka Lok Sabha Election Results 2019: Full List of Winners & Party Wise Results
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Lifestyle 7 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Sports Arsenal want to win Europa League for Mkhitaryan, says Mustafi
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Aprilia RS 150's spy pic has emerged for the first time in India, from a dealer meet held in Goa. However, it is not actually the RS 150 which was unveiled at Auto Expo 2018, but similar to the Zongshen GPR 150 sold in the Chinese market. Still, as the Aprilia RS 150's launch date and price for the Indian market still remain unclear, this spy pic hint to its possible introduction.
The image shared by ZigWheels show only the faired Aprilia RS 150, while its naked sibling, the Tuono 150 (also showcased at Auto Expo 2018) is nowhere to be seen. Unlike the models that were seen at the Expo, the RS 150 you see here is pretty much different from the Aprilia RS 125 sold in global markets.
The India-spec Aprilia RS 150 comes with a conventional fairing rather than the Euro-spec's 'floating' unit. The body graphics is also different. The fuel tank is less on curves while the tail section is bigger. Pillion comfort could be better thanks to the wider rear seat and forward-set foot pegs. But to be honest, this version of the Aprilia RS 150 looks a bit aged compared to the one showcased at Auto Expo 2018.
The Aprilia RS 150 version India has been waiting for a long time comes with a 150cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 17bhp and 14Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual.
On the equipment front, the Aprilia RS 150 comes with USD forks, single-channel ABS and an optional quick-shifter. The 17-inch wheels come wrapped with Mitas tyres.
As mentioned before, the launch details of the Aprilia RS 150 are still unclear. If it is indeed launched at some point in time, the sports motorcycle will be a strong rival to the segment-leading Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 and Suzuki Gixxer SF.
It is too early to comment on the pricing, but considering its segment and taking some cost-cutting measures into account, the Aprilia RS 150's price in India should be in the range of Rs 1.60 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Aprilia RS 150 Spied In India
The Aprilia RS 150 is one affordable single-cylinder sports motorcycle which India deserves. It has been almost a year since Auto Expo 2018 got over, and Aprilia fans in India are eager to know to any piece of information regarding its launch. With the Aprilia SR series of scooters, the Italian brand has already set their mark as a seller of performance-focussed and fun-to-ride products. Sadly, we still have to wait for an official confirmation from Aprilia themselves to be sure if the RS 150 will make it to India.