- 18 min ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- Movies Bharti Singh Reveals She Was With Kapil's Wife During Her Delivery; Was The First To Hold The Baby
- News Fake: NSA Doval has written no such letter on the Indo-China standoff
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Jennifer Winget: Her Top Five Western Fashion Looks That Wowed Us
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Technology BSNL Offering Four 4 Months Free Services To Its Broadband Customers: How To Avail
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Aprilia first unveiled the Storm 125 at the Auto Expo 2018, and now the company has launched the much awaited scooter at an introductory price of Rs 65,000 ex-showroom (India).
According to AutoCar India, The production model also seems to have a few changes when compared to the Aprilia Storm 125 that was displayed at Auto Expo 2018. The new Aprilia Storm 125 features what look like 10-inch wheels, the same that are featured on Vespa models in the country. Also braking duties are handled by drum brakes at the front and the rear, and they feature CBS.
There is no information if Piaggio will offer a front disc brake on the new Aprilia Storm 125, or on one of it's variants. The new Storm 125 also features a grab handle and a white Aprilia badge. The grab handle was missing on the scooter from the Auto Expo, and it featured a red Aprilia badge instead of a white one.
While Aprilia has made many changes to the production model of the new Storm 125, it hasn't swapped the Vee rubber off-road-oriented tyres for regular ones. These tyres are expected to be the same ones we saw at the Expo, measuring 120/80 at the front and 130/80 at the rear.
The body of the new Aprilia Storm 125, the instrument cluster, and the lights look similar to the one featured on the Aprilia SR 125. We expect the engine to be a 124cc single cylinder three valve air cooled unit that is also featured on the SR 125. The engine produces 9.4bhp of power @ 7,250rpm and 9.8Nm of torque @ 6,250rpm.
The all new Aprilia Storm 125 competes with the TVS NTorq 125 (drum brake variant) that is priced at Rs 58, 252 and the Honda Grazia (drum brake variant), which is priced at Rs 60,723. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Aprilia Storm 125
Aprilia has learned that there is really no need to launch a scooter with disc brakes. They understand that they can play the disc brakes card much later and charge a premium for it. The new Aprilia Storm 125 should do well in the markets but could do way better if the scooter featured disc brakes from the get go.