- 16 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 16 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 16 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 17 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- News Nigerian man lands in jail after he tries to buy Baba Ramdev's Patanjali ghee with cloned card
- Sports This World Cup effectively looks like a four-nation tournament
- Movies Fixer Cast & Crew Attacked By Drunken Men; Mahie Gill & Others Reveal How Cops Refuse To Help!
- Finance HDFC To Acquire Majority Stake In Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Technology Vivo's 120W Super FlashCharge Technology Can Fully Charge A Smartphone In 13 Minutes
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Aprilia first unveiled the Storm 125 at the Auto Expo 2018, and now the company has launched the much awaited scooter at an introductory price of Rs 65,000 ex-showroom (India).
According to AutoCar India, The production model also seems to have a few changes when compared to the Aprilia Storm 125 that was displayed at Auto Expo 2018. The new Aprilia Storm 125 features what look like 10-inch wheels, the same that are featured on Vespa models in the country. Also braking duties are handled by drum brakes at the front and the rear, and they feature CBS.
There is no information if Piaggio will offer a front disc brake on the new Aprilia Storm 125, or on one of it's variants. The new Storm 125 also features a grab handle and a white Aprilia badge. The grab handle was missing on the scooter from the Auto Expo, and it featured a red Aprilia badge instead of a white one.
While Aprilia has made many changes to the production model of the new Storm 125, it hasn't swapped the Vee rubber off-road-oriented tyres for regular ones. These tyres are expected to be the same ones we saw at the Expo, measuring 120/80 at the front and 130/80 at the rear.
The body of the new Aprilia Storm 125, the instrument cluster, and the lights look similar to the one featured on the Aprilia SR 125. We expect the engine to be a 124cc single cylinder three valve air cooled unit that is also featured on the SR 125. The engine produces 9.4bhp of power @ 7,250rpm and 9.8Nm of torque @ 6,250rpm.
The all new Aprilia Storm 125 competes with the TVS NTorq 125 (drum brake variant) that is priced at Rs 58, 252 and the Honda Grazia (drum brake variant), which is priced at Rs 60,723. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Aprilia Storm 125
Aprilia has learned that there is really no need to launch a scooter with disc brakes. They understand that they can play the disc brakes card much later and charge a premium for it. The new Aprilia Storm 125 should do well in the markets but could do way better if the scooter featured disc brakes from the get go.