- 9 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Details Leaked: India Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Collaborates With Five Startups Under Mobility & Automobile Innovation Lab program
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire MPV Bookings Open Unofficially: Launch Expected In The Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Arunachal Pradesh CM Seen Riding Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 In Video: Here’s Why
- News Engineering Jobs: 500 TNEB apprentice vacancies announced; What is TNEB TANGEDCO Recruitment process
- Technology Lenovo Diwali Festival Sale: Get Up To 50% Off On Laptops
- Movies Karwa Chauth 2019: These Bollywood Songs Perfectly Capture Your Love For Your Better Half!
- Sports World Cup Qualifiers: India, Bangladesh play out draw
- Lifestyle World Spine Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- Travel 6 Romantic Places In Bangalore Every Couple Must Visit For A Dreamy Escapade In 2019!
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
The Aprilia SR Max 300 premium scooter has been spied in India for the first time. The 300cc scooter from Aprilia was spotted at a dealer event in Goa. However, the scooter showcased at the dealer event is the Chinese-spec made by Aprilia's partner Zongshen.
The Aprilia SR Max 300 maxi-scooter offering features an imposing design with a large front apron, twin projector headlamps, LED turn indicators and DRLs, high-definition camera between the headlamps and a large windshield.
The Aprilia SR Max 300 also features a split footboard, massive yet comfortable seats, upright riding position and a long wheelbase, making it suitable for long distance touring. Other features also include a USB charging port and a 9.0-inch TFT colour display with Bluetooth connectivity. The maxi-scooter also offers plenty of storage space below the seats and has a fuel tank capacity of 15.5-litres.
The maxi-scooter is powered by a 278cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 22bhp and 23Nm of torque and is mated to a CVT gearbox. If introduced in India, it would become the first premium scooter offering, as well as the most powerful in the Indian market.
In terms of suspension, the maxi-scooter comes with telescopic front forks and a twin shock absorbers with three pre-load adjustability at the rear. Braking is handled by 260mm front and 220mm rear disc, supported by dual-channel ABS. The scooter rides on 15-inch front and 14-inch rear wheels with 120/70 and 140/60 sections, respectively.
The maxi-scooter trend was first started by the Kinetic Blaze in India. The 165cc scooter offering was large in size and could easily do speeds of over 100km/h. Suzuki currently sells the Burgman Street in India, which comes with a similar design. We got a chance to ride the Suzuki Burgman Street recently - read our review here.
Apart from the SR Max300 maxi-scooter, the event in Goa also showcased the Aprilia RS150 motorcycle. However, both the products are not being considered for an India launch anytime soon. Although the RS150 will be a strong contender in the 150cc motorcycle segment.
Thoughts On The Aprilia SR Max 300 Maxi-Scooter
The Aprilia SR Max 300 has been showcased in India for the first time. Although a possible launch is too soon to expect, the company could have brought the scooter, to possibly access its success if introduced.
Image Courtesy: Motoroids