- 5 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- Sports No point shortlisting Jonty Rhodes if he isn't first choice, MSK Prasad makes it clear
- Movies Satte Pe Satta Remake: Anushka Sharma Replaces Deepika Padukone In This Hrithik Roshan Starrer?
- News Modi in France: PM calls on President Macron, welcomed warmly by Indian community
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Trek Bicycle India held the 2018 edition of the popular 'Trek Ride Camp' near Richard's Park in Bangalore, on November 19. The otherwise-lazy Sunday morning turned out to be quite an exciting experience for cycling enthusiasts across the city, since none other than Gary Fisher, hosted the camp.
Gary Fisher, known as ‘The Founding Father of Mountain Bikes', is the brand ambassador of Trek Bicycle. Fisher started his cycling life from the age of 12 and has won many titles over the years, including the world famous Repack downhill race, for which he still holds the record at 4:22.
An incredibly down-to-earth and energetic personality, Gary Fisher, was more than glad to interact with the riders. Most of the attendees were eager to gain some valuable tips and knowledge regarding the art of cycling, from the legend himself.
The event started with Navneet Banka, Country Manager of Trek Bicycle India explaining what the camp is going to be like and what Trek aims with it. "Our focus is to grow the sport of leisure and competitive cycling in India by organising such experiential events," he shared.
This was followed by a session by Gary Fisher, in which he explained a lot of pointers as to how to become a good rider of "the most beautiful thing man has invented". He also gave a brief outline of all the Trek models currently on offer: Madone, Émonda, Domane, Marlin, X-Caliber, Dual Sport, FX and many more.
Finally, the participants were allowed to choose any bicycle of their choice among the range of Road, MTB and Hybrid Trek models showcased. The officials at Trek also shared proper tips on how to choose the right bicycle and riding gear, depending on body size. The majority chose MTB models which could take on any terrain. A few months back, we have also ridden one of the entry-level Trek MTBs on offer, the Trek Marlin 4 — check out the review here.
With Gary Fisher in the lead, the riders hit the road and everyone rode in a disciplined manner with zero disturbance to the morning traffic of Bangalore. The route was carefully set to experience the bicycles in a mix of tarmac and conditions, through the main roads as well as the calm neighbourhoods.
The ride served as an interaction platform for many with the participants greeting and sharing thoughts with one another throughout the route. There were two rounds; letting each rider choose a different type of bicycle for the next run.
Some of the riders were trying out Hybrid bicycles (has the characteristics of an MTB and a road bike) for the first time. We have also ridden a Hybrid variant of Trek, the Trek Dual Sport 1 — read the review here.
Onlookers and other road users were really interested to see the group of cyclists, passing them with smiles and laughter. Some even joined them for no reason at all, but just for the fun of it.
There was also a dedicated section for various riding gears and accessories from Bontrager. Every Trek model comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and Bontrager guarantee for the mechanicals.
To sum up, the Trek Ride Camp was indeed a wonderful experience for all the riders. The camp was previously conducted in New Delhi and Mumbai, while Chennai will host the last leg, later in November 2018.
Thoughts On The Trek Ride Camp Held In Bangalore
With more than 40 years of heritage, Trek is one of the leading names in the field of bicycles. The brand has pioneered the use of advanced materials including carbon fibre, for making their products as light as possible; the same technology used in aerospace and Formula One. As for the Trek Ride Camp, it is good to see that the brand is taking an initiative to promote cycling activities across the country; something which many of us used to do, but not any more. When was the last time you rode a bicycle?