- 23 min ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 2 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 3 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports ISL 2019-20: I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, but myself: Jeje Lalpekhlua
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 to launch at a price of Rs 1.75 lakh ex-showroom? Well, that is what the latest Suzuki Gixxer 250 news claims. The 250cc Suzuki Gixxer model is awaited by many in India, and as of now, nobody knows how it even looks like (the pictures shown here are that of the Suzuki GSX-S300).
Still, BikeAdvice shares that the new Gixxer 250 will be unveiled in January 2019 at a dealer-level event, while the launch is slated for March 2019. Do keep in mind that the India-spec Suzuki Gixxer 250 is not to be confused with the twin-cylinder GSX-250R sold in global markets.
The new Gixxer 250 siblings in India will follow the same Suzuki design language as the other models from the Japanese motorcycle brand. To give a rough idea, it will look sharper than the 150cc models, but a lot tamed compared to the high-performance models up on the portfolio.
Much like the current Gixxer models, the 250cc Gixxer will come in two variants: naked and SF (faired). In fact, a good majority is waiting for the Suzuki Gixxer 250 SF; a strong rival to the ageing Honda CBR250R. The KTM Duke 250, on the other hand, might be the better performer.
Some reports suggest that the engine of the Suzuki Gixxer 250 will be a new 248cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder unit. Output figures should be close to 25bhp and 23Nm of torque. The transmission is a six-speed unit, and slipper clutch 'might not' be on offer, considering the pricing.
However, features such as an improved digital instrument console, dual-channel ABS and an LED headlamp cluster can be expected. The latest safety norms mandate ABS on all 125cc-and-above motorcycles — check out the full list of ABS bikes in India.
Thoughts On The New Suzuki Gixxer 250
The Suzuki Gixxer 150 siblings are quite successful in the Indian market, with their decent performance and good mileage. Meanwhile, the Gixxer SF has always been criticised for its extra bulk for the relatively-low engine size. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 might make up for this and have the looks for what it gives.
Image Source: Motorcycle.com