- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Unfortunate that we dropped Rohit's chance on Day 1: George Linde
- News Anyone who harms ongoing peace process in Kashmir will be jailed: Ram Madhav
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
New Jawa, Jawa 42 and Perak motorcycles have been finally launched in India at a starting price is Rs 1.55 lakh, ex-showroom. The new Jawa motorcycles for India were awaited by fans and motorcycle enthusiasts for a long time and now, the Royal Enfield-rival has finally debuted.
The new Jawa Motorcycles India-prices have been set competitively to define a market of their own. The entry-level Jawa 42 costs Rs 1.55 lakh (as mentioned before) while the Jawa model comes with a price tag of Rs 1.64 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Mumbai). The bobber-style Jawa Perak has just been unveiled and will be available in the Indian market at a later stage.
Jawa Motorcycles India has got high hopes with their new models, as the only direct competition they have in the country is Royal Enfield. In fact, Royal Enfield launched the all-new Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 at an unparalleled price point, a day back.
Both the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycles feature a retro design, almost identical to the original Jawa models which were sold in India till the late 20th century. But unlike the previous Jawa models, the new ones are more ‘market-ready' and the engine might be the main highlight.
The new Jawa and Jawa 42 are powered by a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is BS-VI-compliant and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Jawa Perak is powered by a 334cc engine. The engine comes with a bigger bore but retains the same stroke. The exact power outputs of this are still being worked on.
The ‘Jawa engine', as one might call it, is based on the same unit which powers the Mahindra Mojo. The team at Mahindra and Jawa have done their best to make it sound similar to that of the original two-stroke Jawa motorcycles. How much have they succeeded? —Hear the engine sound of the new Jawa bikes here!
Jawa Motorcycles India, the Czech-original brand, is a subsidiary of Classic Legends which is owned by Mahindra. Hence, the new Jawa motorcycles will be sold in India through exclusive outlets coming under Mahindra Two Wheelers.
Jawa Motorcycles have introduced both the models in a range of varied colours. The 'Jawa' model comes in three colour choices: Jawa Black, Jawa Maroon and Jawa Grey.
The Jawa 42 is available in six colour options including Hally's Teal, Galactic Green, Starlight Blue, Lumos Lime, Nebula Blue and Comet Red.
Are you looking forward to booking one? Jawa Motorcycles has already set up a number of dealerships across all major cities in India and are now accepting bookings for an amount of Rs 5,000.
Thoughts On The New Jawa Motorcycles India Models
Jawa Motorcycles have been an iconic two-wheeler brand since the 70s and the 80s in the country. The return of the Czech brand in the Indian market has already created quite a buzz among enthusiasts, even before the launch. The new Jawa 300cc motorcycle will rival the likes of the 350cc offerings from Royal Enfield. Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.