- 1 hr ago Detel Easy Electric Moped Launched In India: Priced At Rs 19,999
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Production Ready Model Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: Here Are The Top-Five Famous ‘Made-In-India’ Cars Till Date
- 4 hrs ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Prices Slashed In India: Here Are The New Prices
- News Amit Shah tests negative for COVID-19, to be in home isolation
- Lifestyle 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- Movies Masaba Masaba Trailer: Masaba And Neena Gupta's Jodi Brings Humour And Colour To Netflix Show
- Technology Instagram Lands In Trouble For Storing Deleted Photos, DMs On Server For More Than A Year
- Sports Olympic Marathon Champion Eliud Kipchoge joins ‘Sunfeast India Run As One’ movement as Ambassador
- Finance Form 26AS: Hotel Bills, Medical Insurance Premium Over Rs. 20000 Etc To Show In Your ITR
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso won the first race of the 2018 MotoGP season in Qatar. Dovizioso won a thrilling race by beating reigning champion Marc Marquez by a narrow margin. Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi grabbed the final podium position.
Tech3 Yamaha rider Johann Zarco started the race in pole position and stormed into the lead in the first part of the race. But Dovizioso and Marquez managed to pass the French rider on the 18th lap. From then on the stage was set for the battle between the duo.
Marquez fought very hard to clinch the victory but could not make a move on the Italian rider. It all came down to the final corner of the race where Dovizioso managed to get good traction out of the corner. He finally managed to win the race by a tiny margin of 0.027 seconds.
Dovizioso registered his ninth MotoGP victory. Marquez fought hard for the victory but had to settle for the runner-up position. Rossi also passed Zarco to clinch the final podium position and recorded a good result in the very first race of the 2018 season.
Cal Crutchlow in his LCR Honda finished the race in the fourth position ahead of Danilo Petrucci's Pramac Ducati. Rossi's teammate Maverick Vinales managed to finish the race in a lowly sixth position ahead of Honda rider Dani Pedrosa.
Zarco who started the race in pole position slumped to the eighth spot by the end of the race. Suzuki rider Andrea Iannone and Pramac Ducati's Jack Miller rounded off the top ten finishers. The Qatar GP witnessed a thrilling race which came down to the wire to decide the winner.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Qatar MotoGP Race
Ducati has once again proved its mettle in the very first race of the 2018 MotoGP season. Andrea Dovizioso managed to beat Marc Marquez in a thrilling battle which came down to the last corner of the race. Valentino Rossi also showed that he can still be quick and scored a podium place.