- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 24 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Is Second To None; Rowdy Trumps All Other Big Stars To Achieve This Feat!
- News Karnataka coalition on edge? Two Congress MLAs meet BJP leader SM Krishna
- Sports Pochettino fears Kane call could decide Champions League final
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Indian Roadmaster Elite Launched In India: Indian Motorcycles has launched the Roadmaster Elite in India at Rs 48 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Indian Roadmaster Elite is a limited edition motorcycle with a bespoke paint finish.
Only 300 units of the Roadmaster Elite will be made; all of which have been already sold before the launch. The Roadmaster Elite features a hand-painted Candy Blue & Black paint combo, which takes 30 man-hours to finish.
The motorcycle also gets a badging in actual 23 karat gold, on its fuel tank.
The Indian Roadmaster Elite is powered by a 1811cc ‘Thunder Stroke 111' V-Twin engine, making 161Nm of torque. Power figures have not been released by the company. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The ‘ultra-cruiser' is loaded with a lot of equipment in addition to that of its already-fully-loaded regular sibling, the Indian Roadmaster. Here are some of the features available in the Indian Roadmaster Elite:
- Seven-inch touchscreen ‘Ride Command System' with Bluetooth, navigation, vehicle status and split-screen.
- Gold-plated engine covers
- Remote-locking saddlebags
- Internally-wired handlebars
- Power windshield
- 300W audio system
On the practicality front, the Indian Roadmaster Elite offers superior riding comfort and ergonomics. The waterproof saddlebags, top box and all the storage spaces put together gives the Indian, a luggage space of almost 140 litres.
All the kit and equipment have also made the Indian Roadmaster Elite, a really heavy motorcycle, at a kerb weight of 433kg.
Coming to safety, the mammoth of a motorcycle gets twin 300mm disc brakes at the front and a single disc of the same size on the rear wheel. ABS and cruise control add to the riding assists. The Roadmaster Elite rides on 16-inch alloy wheels.
The top-of-the-line Indian motorcycle rivals the Harley-Davidson CVO Limited; another expensive and oversized cruiser. The Harley costs Rs 49.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Indian Roadmaster Elite
The Indian Roadmaster is one of the most-worshipped cruisers among motorcycle enthusiasts. With the unique locomotive-inspired design language and the heritage, the Indian Roadmaster is an example of automobiles bought primarily by taste more than by money. As for the Elite edition, the fact that the motorcycle comes with 23 karat gold on its body explains enough.