- 1 hr ago Porsche & Boeing Enter Partnership To Develop Premium Electric Flying Cars
- 1 hr ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 Prices Increased In India: Price Hike Only For Standard & Darknight Edition Models
- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti XL5 (Premium WagonR) Spied Testing Yet Again: Fresh Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Indian Idol 11: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs Winner Azmat Hussain Reveals He Was Addicted To Drugs
- Lifestyle Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous At The Maleficent Mistress Of Evil Trailer Launch
- Technology Apple iPad 2019 Goes On Sale Starting At Rs. 29,900 In India: Price And Offers
- News Haryana sees increase in number of candidates with pending criminal cases
- Sports Virat Kohli one point behind Steve Smith in ICC Rankings; India captain can gain top spot in Ranchi Test against SA
- Finance Should You Get The Rs 1 Crore Life Insurance Cover?
- Travel 8 Most Dangerous Road Routes In India
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
Indian Roadmaster Elite Launched In India: Indian Motorcycles has launched the Roadmaster Elite in India at Rs 48 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Indian Roadmaster Elite is a limited edition motorcycle with a bespoke paint finish.
Only 300 units of the Roadmaster Elite will be made; all of which have been already sold before the launch. The Roadmaster Elite features a hand-painted Candy Blue & Black paint combo, which takes 30 man-hours to finish.
The motorcycle also gets a badging in actual 23 karat gold, on its fuel tank.
The Indian Roadmaster Elite is powered by a 1811cc ‘Thunder Stroke 111' V-Twin engine, making 161Nm of torque. Power figures have not been released by the company. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The ‘ultra-cruiser' is loaded with a lot of equipment in addition to that of its already-fully-loaded regular sibling, the Indian Roadmaster. Here are some of the features available in the Indian Roadmaster Elite:
- Seven-inch touchscreen ‘Ride Command System' with Bluetooth, navigation, vehicle status and split-screen.
- Gold-plated engine covers
- Remote-locking saddlebags
- Internally-wired handlebars
- Power windshield
- 300W audio system
On the practicality front, the Indian Roadmaster Elite offers superior riding comfort and ergonomics. The waterproof saddlebags, top box and all the storage spaces put together gives the Indian, a luggage space of almost 140 litres.
All the kit and equipment have also made the Indian Roadmaster Elite, a really heavy motorcycle, at a kerb weight of 433kg.
Coming to safety, the mammoth of a motorcycle gets twin 300mm disc brakes at the front and a single disc of the same size on the rear wheel. ABS and cruise control add to the riding assists. The Roadmaster Elite rides on 16-inch alloy wheels.
The top-of-the-line Indian motorcycle rivals the Harley-Davidson CVO Limited; another expensive and oversized cruiser. The Harley costs Rs 49.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Indian Roadmaster Elite
The Indian Roadmaster is one of the most-worshipped cruisers among motorcycle enthusiasts. With the unique locomotive-inspired design language and the heritage, the Indian Roadmaster is an example of automobiles bought primarily by taste more than by money. As for the Elite edition, the fact that the motorcycle comes with 23 karat gold on its body explains enough.