- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 17 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 18 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- Sports Ben Stokes took cigarette break to calm nerves ahead of World Cup final Super Over
- News Coronavirus: Arvind Kejriwal launches second plasma bank for COVID-19 patients in Delhi
- Movies Sanjana Sanghi On One Month Of Sushant's Death: Whoever Said Time Heals All Wounds Was Lying
- Finance Barbeque Nation Gets Approval From SEBI To Issue IPO
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Global Variant Gets NCC Certification; New Design Confirmed
- Lifestyle What Are The Best Exercises To Sleep Better?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Indian Motorcycles has lntroduced their FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 S Race Replica in India. Both motorcycles come with a price tag of Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 15.49 lakh, respectively. Bookings for the new FTR 1200 has begun in India for an amount of Rs 2 lakh, with deliveries scheduled to begin from April 2019.
The FTR 1200 S draws its inspiration from the FTR 750 Scout Race, which has been dominating the American Flat-track series. The Race Replica, on the other hand, is essentially a cosmetic change. The FTR 1200 S Race Replica features a red trellis frame, while the S comes with a black frame.
The FTR 1200 is the first streetfighter product from the American motorcycle brand. It comes with a host of features and equipment. Some of the equipment on the FTR include a 4.3-inch LCD touchscreen instrument display, built-in Bluetooth and a USB fast-charging port.
Other features also include a six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), traction control, wheelie control system, cruise control and three interchangeable riding modes (Standard, Sport & Rain).
The Indian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica come powered by a 1,203cc V-Twin engine. It produces 120bhp and 115Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with a slipper-clutch as standard.
The FTR 1200 rides on Dunlop DT3-R radial tyres with 120/70 R19 and 150/80 R18 profiles at the front and rear, respectively. The suspension duties are handled by 43mm inverted telescopic forks at the front and a fully-adjustable Piggyback IFP suspension setup at the rear.
Braking on the FTR 1200 is through dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear. The brakes are further supported by dual-channel ABS, which can be switched on/off. The motorcycles also come with lean angle sensitive ABS system.
Thoughts On The Indian FTR 1200 S & FTR 1200 S Race Replica
The Indian FTR 1200 S and Race Replica are one of the first streetfighter product offerings from the brand. The two motorcycles have no direct rivals in the marketbut are priced similar to other litre-class offerings in the country.