- 52 min ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Unveils 'The Mahindra Classics' Campaign In India: Read More To Find Out
- 2 hrs ago Crash Test Video Shows How Safety Has Improved Between Old And New Cars Over The Years
- 4 hrs ago Volvo To Recall 2.2 Million Cars Across The Globe For Seat Belt Issues
- News Gujarat: Indian Coast Guard recovers 24 packets of Charas near Jakhau port; 1,200 in 2 months
- Movies Ajay Devgn Announces New Release Date For Maidaan As August 13, 2021
- Lifestyle How To Treat Ear Pain Caused By Common Cold? Home Remedies And Precautions
- Technology Smartphone Sales Might Decrease In April-June Quarter Due To Anti-China Sentiments
- Sports England vs West Indies: Ben Stokes to lead 13-man England squad in the first Test
- Finance 5 Possible Reasons For Why Stock Markets Are Booming Despite Poor Economic Conditions
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Indian Motorcycles has launched their new top-of-the-line model in the Chieftain range, the Chieftain Elite in India. The Indian Chieftain Elite is limited to 350 units globally and is priced at Rs 38 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
This is the second limited edition motorcycle from the Indian brand after the Roadmaster Elite. The Indian Roadmaster Elite was launched earlier this year at Rs 48 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The new Indian Chieftain Elite comes with a number of special features over the standard version. This includes a bespoke Black Hills Silver paint job with marble accents. The marbling accents take 25 hours to complete and ensure no two motorcycles look the same.
Other features also include custom leather seats, among a host of additional equipment over the standard version. The added equipment include Indian's seven-inch glove-friendly Ride Command Infotainment System with Bluetooth connectivity, turn-by-turn navigation and a 200-watt premium audio system.
Features on the Indian Chieftain Elite also include a push-button power windshield, remote-locking hard weatherproof saddlebags, premium leather seats, aluminium floorboards, pinnacle mirrors and a dual-exhaust system with crossover pipes.
The new Indian Chieftain Elite motorcycle is powered by a 1811cc, Thunderstroke 111 V-twin engine. The engine churns out 161.6Nm of torque at 3000rpm, which is 11.6Nm more than the standard model.
The suspension on the motorcycle is handled by 119mm telescopic front forks, with a 114mm monoshock at the rear with air adjust. While braking on the motorcycle is through dual 300mm disc at the front and a single 300mm disc at the rear.
With a kerb weight of 388kg, the Indian Chieftain Elite rides on 19-inch and 16-inch front and rear Dunlop tyres, respectively.
Thoughts On The Indian Chieftain Elite
The Indian chieftain Elite offers a level of exclusivity to the owner, due to the bespoke paint scheme and the limited production numbers. The limited edition motorcycle in India takes on rivals such as the Honda Gold Wing and the Harley Davidson Street Glide.