- 16 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 17 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Technology Infinix to launch 4 smartphones and a smartwatch in H2 of 2019
- Finance How Election Results Will Impact Your Investments?
- Sports Virat alone can't win World Cup, others will need to step up: Tendulkar
- News Modi-Shah strike rate way ahead of Rahul-Priyanka
- Movies A PROUD MOMENT! Dimple Kapadia To Star In Hollywood Director Christopher Nolan's 'Trent'
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Motorcycles India has confirmed that their new CBR 650R will be launched in the Indian market, in early 2019. The 2019 Honda CBR 650R was showcased at this year's EICMA motorcycle show, held in November. The new 650cc sport-tourer will replace the current CBR 650F model.
In a News18 interview, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, HMSI confirmed that the CBR 650R will be launching in the country in early 2019. He further stated that the new motorcycle will be more powerful, mechanically advanced and offer a number of upgrades, compared to the CBR 650F.
The upgrades to the Honda CBR 650R include an updated powertrain and larger intake and exhaust system. These updates offer better performance and overall efficiency. The motorcycle also comes with a higher rev limiter, improved torque curve and a weight reduction of 6kg, all of which further aid the performance of the CBR 650R.
In terms of design, the 2019 Honda CBR 650R takes inspiration from its larger sibling, the CBR 1000RR Fireblade. The motorcycle comes with twin headlamps, exposed engine and a shorter tail, which further adds to the unique character.
The new Honda CBR 650R now also gets a more committed riding position. The clip-on handlebars have been lowered by 30mm while the rider footpegs are higher and further rear set by 6mm and 3mm, respectively.
The 2019 Honda CBR 650R will be powered by a 649cc liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder engine. It produces 95bhp and 64Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission. With a 15.4-litre fuel tank capacity, Honda promises to deliver a mileage figure of around 20km/l.
The CBR 650R comes equipped with 41mm USD forks at the front from Showa and light-weight die-cast aluminium five-spoke wheels. In terms of electronics, Honda offers the 650R with their Selectable Torque Control (Honda's form of Traction Control), slipper clutch and a quick-shifter.
The 2019 Honda CBR 650R will be available in a range of two colour options: Grand Prix Red and Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda CBR 650R India Launch
The Honda CBR 650R is expected to be introduced in the Indian market in early 2019. Pricing for the new middle-weight category motorcyclewill be announced closer to its launch date. The CBR 650R once launched, will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the Yamaha R6.