- 11 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 11 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 16 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- News SC to hear Chidambaram’s plea challenging rejection of anticipatory bail today
- Technology Samsung Blue Fest Offers – Get Discounts On Smartphones, TVs, Headphones And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Honda Motorcycles India has confirmed that their new CBR 650R will be launched in the Indian market, in early 2019. The 2019 Honda CBR 650R was showcased at this year's EICMA motorcycle show, held in November. The new 650cc sport-tourer will replace the current CBR 650F model.
In a News18 interview, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, HMSI confirmed that the CBR 650R will be launching in the country in early 2019. He further stated that the new motorcycle will be more powerful, mechanically advanced and offer a number of upgrades, compared to the CBR 650F.
The upgrades to the Honda CBR 650R include an updated powertrain and larger intake and exhaust system. These updates offer better performance and overall efficiency. The motorcycle also comes with a higher rev limiter, improved torque curve and a weight reduction of 6kg, all of which further aid the performance of the CBR 650R.
In terms of design, the 2019 Honda CBR 650R takes inspiration from its larger sibling, the CBR 1000RR Fireblade. The motorcycle comes with twin headlamps, exposed engine and a shorter tail, which further adds to the unique character.
The new Honda CBR 650R now also gets a more committed riding position. The clip-on handlebars have been lowered by 30mm while the rider footpegs are higher and further rear set by 6mm and 3mm, respectively.
The 2019 Honda CBR 650R will be powered by a 649cc liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder engine. It produces 95bhp and 64Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission. With a 15.4-litre fuel tank capacity, Honda promises to deliver a mileage figure of around 20km/l.
The CBR 650R comes equipped with 41mm USD forks at the front from Showa and light-weight die-cast aluminium five-spoke wheels. In terms of electronics, Honda offers the 650R with their Selectable Torque Control (Honda's form of Traction Control), slipper clutch and a quick-shifter.
The 2019 Honda CBR 650R will be available in a range of two colour options: Grand Prix Red and Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic.
Thoughts On The 2019 Honda CBR 650R India Launch
The Honda CBR 650R is expected to be introduced in the Indian market in early 2019. Pricing for the new middle-weight category motorcyclewill be announced closer to its launch date. The CBR 650R once launched, will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and the Yamaha R6.