- 8 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Best smartphones with 5000 mAh battery to buy in India
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- News Weather today: Isolated rains in Bengaluru, Delhi to experience wet day
- Movies Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor's White Tuxedo Gets A Twist; Her Boss Lady Look Is On Point!
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
EICMA 2018: Harley-Davidson has unveiled the production version of their first electric motorcycle, the LiveWire at EICMA 2018. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire looks aesthetically similar to its prototype which was first showcased back in 2014. However, the brand did confirm that the production motorcycle is radically different compared to its prototype.
The 2019 Harley-Davidson LiveWire comes with a ‘fake fuel tank' which covers the system used to recharge the motorcycle's batteries. It also gets a fake fuel cap which doubles up as the socket for the electrical outlet.
The battery pack for the LiveWire is housed in the same location, traditionally occupied by the engine. The battery pack further comes with cooling fins and an electric propellor at the bottom. Harley-Davidson is, however, yet to confirm any technical specifications of the batteries powering the LiveWire motorcycle.
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire is said to come with telescopic front forks and a fully adjustable Showa monoshock at the rear. The electric motorcycle rides on 17-inch Michelin Scorcher Sport tyres at the front (120/70 R17) and rear (180/55 R17). The wheels are further driven by a belt-drive system. The motorcycle also sports 4-piston double calliper brakes at the front from Brembo.
On the features front, the Harley-Davidson LiveWire is said to come equipped with a large touchscreen LCD display. This will also allow the rider to connect to the display through their smartphones.
Thoughts On The 2019 Harley-Davidson LiveWire At EICMA 2018
The EICMA 2018 has been creating a lot of buzz in the motorcycle segment, with a range of new launches and reveals. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire unveiled is expected to hit the international markets in 2019. The American motorcycle giant is also expected to bring in more electric offerings in the following years, including other smaller and lighter products.