- 2 hrs ago Maruti Ertiga Tour M Diesel Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.80 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Maruti S-Presso Dual-Tone Paint Scheme Modified By Dealership: Check Out The Video Here!
- 1 day ago Auto Parts Manufacturers Ask Government To Reduce GST To 18 Percent Amidst Industry Slowdown
- 1 day ago UM Motorcycles Discontinued In India: Stopping Production Leaving Dealers Stranded
- Movies Has Kareena Kapoor Khan Ever Walked Out Of A Film Because Of Remuneration Issues? Actress Reveals!
- Technology Nokia 8.2 With 64MP Quad-Cameras Tipped To Launch At MWC 2020
- Finance Blue Chip HFCs PNB Housing, LIC Housing Shares Slump To 52-Week Lows
- News Visit Goa with this 4-day IRCTC package: Check fares, other details
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Or Kareena Kapoor Khan: Whose Outfit Was The Best At Jio Mami 2019?
- Sports Boxer Patrick Day 'extremely critical' after devastating knockout
- Travel 10 Least Visited Places In India And Why You Should Visit Them
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
Bajaj Auto India is said to be working on the development of a brand new battery-powered electric scooter. According to Money Control, the new electric scooter from Bajaj is expected to be launched in India before 2020.
Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, speaking to shareholders at the 11th annual general meeting (AGM). Here he stated, "Urban electric mobility is an area which is risky because not many companies have ventured there so far but it is even riskier not to be there."
"There I can definitely confirm that in addition to the electric work we do on three-wheeler and four-wheeler we are working very strongly on electric two-wheelers. It could be an electric motorcycle as we are a motorcycle company. It could be an electric scooter."
Bajaj has stayed away from producing scooters for the Indian market for almost a decade. However, if the chance to enter electric mobility in the two-wheeler market opens up, the company would be ready to re-enter the scooter segment. The new electric two-wheeler from the company once launched will be part of the Bajaj Urbanite brand.
Rajiv Bajaj, further added, "We never said we will not look at a disruptive opportunity with scooters. All we said was we are not going to make another 100cc scooter for Rs 50,000 and shut our shop doing that. So it could be a motorcycle, it could be a scooter we are not saying it yet what it could be. It could be both."
Talking about the timeline for the launch of its electric two-wheeler, Bajaj mentioned that the product will be introduced in the Indian market before the BS-VI emission norms come into effect. Bajaj also stated that the new product will be ‘the most beautiful electric two-wheeler in the world'.
The company is also said to be working on the electric three-wheeler. This will be launched alongside their electric version of the Qute, which is currently sold in the international markets.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Electric Two-Wheeler
Bajaj has already formed a new vertical, the Urbanite. According to the company, all its electric products will come under this new vertical. The launch of the electric vehicles from Bajaj is expected well before 2020.