- 15 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 17 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- Movies Biwi No 1 Becomes Mummy No 1! Karishma Kapoor Bags Powerful Role In Ekta’s Web Series Mentalhood!
- News BJP may create history in West Bengal, leading in around 15 seats
- Finance Finance Ministry Prepares 100-Day Agenda For New Govt With Focus On Boosting Economy
- Technology ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- Sports Boxing set for Tokyo 2020 but AIBA faces suspension
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bajaj Auto India is said to be working on the development of a brand new battery-powered electric scooter. According to Money Control, the new electric scooter from Bajaj is expected to be launched in India before 2020.
Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, speaking to shareholders at the 11th annual general meeting (AGM). Here he stated, "Urban electric mobility is an area which is risky because not many companies have ventured there so far but it is even riskier not to be there."
"There I can definitely confirm that in addition to the electric work we do on three-wheeler and four-wheeler we are working very strongly on electric two-wheelers. It could be an electric motorcycle as we are a motorcycle company. It could be an electric scooter."
Bajaj has stayed away from producing scooters for the Indian market for almost a decade. However, if the chance to enter electric mobility in the two-wheeler market opens up, the company would be ready to re-enter the scooter segment. The new electric two-wheeler from the company once launched will be part of the Bajaj Urbanite brand.
Rajiv Bajaj, further added, "We never said we will not look at a disruptive opportunity with scooters. All we said was we are not going to make another 100cc scooter for Rs 50,000 and shut our shop doing that. So it could be a motorcycle, it could be a scooter we are not saying it yet what it could be. It could be both."
Talking about the timeline for the launch of its electric two-wheeler, Bajaj mentioned that the product will be introduced in the Indian market before the BS-VI emission norms come into effect. Bajaj also stated that the new product will be ‘the most beautiful electric two-wheeler in the world'.
The company is also said to be working on the electric three-wheeler. This will be launched alongside their electric version of the Qute, which is currently sold in the international markets.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Electric Two-Wheeler
Bajaj has already formed a new vertical, the Urbanite. According to the company, all its electric products will come under this new vertical. The launch of the electric vehicles from Bajaj is expected well before 2020.