TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
At times one is forced to believe, imagination is stronger than knowledge. Drivespark takes a walk down memory lane and digs up a highway legend. This time around we dig up the rumours surrounding Bullet Baba from Rajasthan.
In 1991, a proud owner of a Royal Enfield Bullet 350 --- OM Bana crashed into a tree and died in the mishap.
Rajasthan is known as a land of wonders and one can expect mysteries in every nook and corner.
Legend has it that OM Bana's Bullet possesses supernatural powers. Soon after his death his bike was impounded and taken to the police station. You must be wondering, what is so unnatural about this episode?
What happens soon after OM Bana's bike is brought back to the police station, is when it gets interesting.
It is said, his bike mysteriously return to the accident spot and was found under the same tree the next morning. The police assumed this to be a prank and got the bike back to the station, emptied the fuel tank and chained-up its tyres.
However, OM Bana's bike was once again found under the same tree the following morning. This was enough for the people in the village and nearby villages to believe OM Bana's bike possessed supernatural powers.
This episode made the people believe, this was no ordinary Bullet and they built a temple to worship the supernatural motorcycle and christened it "Bullet Baba."
Believe It or Not! people in the nearby villages can hear OM Bana's bullet revving in the dead of the night. Village folks and travellers till date stop by and seek Bullet Baba's blessings and protection.
So, does Bullet Baba really protect the neighbourhood? Let's not forget, this motorcycle is made like a gun and goes like a bullet. For now, this Bullet draws attention without thumping around.
*** To visit the Bullet Baba temple head to Chotila, in the Pali district adjoining Jodhpur.