- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio N Prices Hiked Up To Rs 1 Lakh – Base Variant Now Costs Rs 12.74 Lakh
- 1 day ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 59,000 Units – More Than 890 Per Cent Growth Achieved
- 1 day ago Toyota Land Cruiser 300 Deliveries Commence In India – Costs Rs 2.17 Crore
- 1 day ago Citroen eC3 First Drive Review - Electric Chic For The Masses
- Movies Naagin 7: Priyanka Choudhary Or Sumbul Touqeer? Fans Wonder Which Bigg Boss 16 Contestant Will Play Lead
- News Why 'Parakram Diwas' is celebrated on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's Jayanti?
- Education Let us bring Netaji's remains back home: Anita Bose Pfaff, Netaji's only child
- Sports Arsenal 3-2 Manchester United: Last-gasp Nketiah goal restores gap to champions City
- Lifestyle Indian Coast Guard Day 2023: Quotes, Notes, Messages, WIshes, Whatsapp Statuses To Keep You Inspired
- Finance KTM Boss Says Scope of Electric Mobility Highly Overrated
- Travel Republic Day Parade 2023- How to Book Tickets
- Technology Redmi 10 Power vs Redmi 10 Prime: Xiaomi's Mid-range Smartphones Compared
Winter is here and it can take a toll on your car's health, especially if you live in colder northern parts of India.
As such, in this article, we will help you with tips and ways to protect your car from harsh climatic conditions, so that your car performs at its optimum condition.
Engine Oil & Coolant
It is recommended to change the engine oil and coolant during the winter season if you have not for a long time. Furthermore, it is suggested to use lighter engine oil during the winter season, but you can also refer user's manual to find the recommended engine oil for different temperature conditions.
If you are living in a place affected by extremely cold climatic conditions, we highly recommend checking your tyres, and changing if necessary. Moreover, using winter tyres on your car can help gain better traction in icy conditions, especially when the temperature drops below the freezing point of water.
Wiper & Washers
Before the winter season, it is always recommended to replace the wiper blades as the rubber in the wiper blade can get hard due to exposure to the sun. These hard wiper blades will not effectively clean the windshield and can cause permanent damage to the windshield. Moreover, checking the washer is also very important as some cars spray hot water to melt the ice formed on the windshield.
Be it any season, the brakes of a car should be checked periodically to ensure maximum safety. Also, we recommend inspecting both brake pads and brake rotors for any visible signs of wear and tear, and replacing them if necessary. Moreover, the brakes of a car must be given extra care during the winter season due to reduced traction in extremely cold conditions.
Windshield, Rust & Leaks
Checking your car for leaks and rust before the winter season is very essential as rusting might have accelerated during the monsoon season and it can affect your car's health. Also, checking the windshield for any leaks ahead of winter is recommended to avoid the accumulation of mist or fog.
Traffic jams are more common in hill stations during winter seasons and it will be very helpful if you keep an emergency kit in the car. The kit must contain a few protein bars, snacks with long shelf life, water, some basic tool kit, a flashlight, and a compass.
Thoughts About Car Care Tips For Winter
When the temperature dips below freezing point during the winter season, driving can be tricky due to a number of factors such as lower traction, poor visibility and more. However, the chances of accidents can be decreased by following the above tips and checks on your car.