- 12 min ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 26 min ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Subramanian Swamy Supports Stun Gun Theory In Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death Case, Demands NIA Probe
- Sports England to stand by Anderson as Root warns: Question Jimmy at your peril!
- News Congress spokesperson Rajiv Tyagi dies after a heart attack
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 3 12GB RAM Variant To Go On Sale On August 21: Should You Buy?
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujurat In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Valentino Rossi's exhaust system put on sale: A part of the exhaust system used in the Ducati Desmosedici GP11 MotoGP bike from 2011 is up for grabs at a website named demongrandprix.
Nine-time MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi rode with the Ducati factory MotoGP team in 2011 and 2012. It was in 2011 that Valentino Rossi was astride the Desmosedici GP11 and this exhaust system is touted to be the one he rode with.
It isn't an entire exhaust system but is only the last bit of the exhaust system that is usually found under the seat. The Ducati Desmosedici GP11 was powered by a liquid-cooled, 800 V4 engine, and had two main exhaust outlets.
The forward two cylinders blasted out the exhaust gases through pipes that passed under the engine and let the gases out towards the side of the motorcycle. The rear two cylinders shot the gases out through the exhaust outlet under the seat, concealed within the rear cowl.
It is this very piece of exhaust that has been put up on sale for 2,450 British Pounds (Rs 2.23 lakh). That might be a lot of money for a small piece of Titanium, but it was on a bike ridden by ‘The Doctor' himself.
The Ducati Desmosedici GP11 produced a power output of over 200bhp and could easily touch a top speed in excess of 310km/h. For the 2011 MotoGP season, Valentino Rossi had switched back to an Italian racing team for a first time since 1998, and coming from Yamaha, he found the Ducati to be slower.
The 2011 season therefore was a disappointment for Rossi. He made an improvement in the 2012 season and then got back to Yamaha starting 2013.
Demongrandprix.com also has more MotoGP goodies up for sale, including Casey Stoner's crashed handlebar, Andrea Dovizioso front fairing, etc. We aren't sure or where these goods are sourced from or how it ended up on this website, and neither can we verify its authenticity. But we can say that these parts are ultra-cool as far as living-room decorations go.
Thoughts On Valentino Rossi's Ducati Exhaust System
As far as Motorsport memorabilia goes, this piece of the exhaust system is special. It becomes all the more special if you are a Rossi fan, and to be honest, there are lakhs of Rossi fans all over the globe.
So, finding a buyer for this titanium exhaust system shouldn't be a difficult task. Yes, it is a little expensive, but it is worth the money considering its usage history.