- 24 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Modi set for first bilateral visit after election victory, likely to visit Maldives on June 7
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Sports Emery had to convince Arsenal stars to care about Europa League
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Uber India has launched their UberBOAT speedboat service in India for the first time. The boat service from Uber, in partnership with the Maharashtra Maritime Board, flagged off in Mumbai on February 1, 2019.
Mumbai residents can make bookings for UberBOAT via the mobility service company's app, just like hailing an Uber cab. At present, the routes covered under UberBOAT are the Gateway of India, Elephanta Islands and Mandwa Jetty.
The rates/fares applicable for UberBOAT speedboats in Mumbai are as follows:
- UberBOAT (6-8 seater): Rs 5700
- UberBOAT XL (10+ seater): Rs 9500
The boats come with enough safety equipment such as life jackets, emergency contact details, safety instruction manuals, fire extinguishers and printed collaterals.
Furthermore, UberBOAT will provide a part-time or full-time employment opportunity to regular boat operators, in and around Mumbai.
Prabhjeet Singh, Head of Cities of Uber India & South Asia shared, "We are excited to launch Uber Boat in Mumbai, in partnership with Maharashtra Maritime Board. As pioneers in the organized on-demand transport system, Uber's vision is to create a multi-modal platform to better serve riders and the cities we operate in. With UberBOAT, we will tap the vast potential of the city's waterways transport system. We aim to provide efficient and easily accessible services to riders who are looking at navigating through these specific routes. With this service, boat operators will be able to gain access to Uber's highly engaged rider base and enhance their earning opportunity."
If the project becomes successful, Uber India will consider introducing UberBOAT in more cities across the country. The service will definitely prove useful in tropical regions such as South India, but the company has not shared any plans regarding this yet.
On the other hand, Uber is also working on an aerial mobility service. Yes, we can expect a Uber flying taxi in the not-too-distant future. The company has already partnered with a few leaders in the field of aviation to develop a working model — here's everything you need to know about Uber's flying taxi service.
Thoughts On UberBOAT
App-based cab services have gained a lot of traction in India due to the convenience they offer; especially in urban regions with tight traffic conditions. Other forms of transport services are also witnessing an increased user demand lately. Will UberBOAT excel in this space? Let us know in the comment section below.