- 36 min ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 16 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 18 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- Lifestyle What Are The Best Exercises To Sleep Better?
- News CBSE 10th results 2020 to be declared tomorrow
- Movies Actor Rahman To Reprise Vivek Oberoi’s Role In Chiranjeevi’s Lucifer?
- Technology List Of Affordable Broadband Plans From Popular Brands
- Sports Covid 19 crisis: BCCI to reschedule Australia series and England series at home?
- Finance Singapore Topples Into Recession; Reports GDP For Q2 At -41.2%
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
There are hundreds of videos on the internet that show bicycles, motorcycles and even other cars crashing into the door of a car that was opened all of a sudden. Well, these incidents are more common than you would think.
While it may look funny to some people, it certainly isn't funny, especially for the people who actually crashed into the door that popped open in front of them all of a sudden. In order to stop this menace, some countries have made it illegal to open car doors onto the road. However, these incidents continue to happen.
The people getting out of the car do not see the other vehicle approaching from the rear due to multiple reasons. Sometimes, they might just forget to look behind and some other times they might be lost in thoughts. Now though, a solution is in sight.
A video has surfaced which shows its viewers the right way to open a door. The video speaks of a technique called the ‘Dutch Reach.' It is relatively unknown in most countries around the world.
However, it is part of the school curriculum in the Netherlands, thereby teaching its citizens the basics of safety right from a young age. The technique is extremely simple and will reduce accidents of this sort by a huge margin if everyone knew about it. It involves opening the car door using the farther hand.
This means, the ones seated on the right seats should use their left hand to open the door. The ones seated on the left side of the car should use their right hand to open the door. This way, a person's entire body turns towards the rear of the car while opening the door.
Also, if any vehicle is approaching from the rear, they will be within sight of the person. If put in practice, it will greatly reduce the number of accidents caused due to the sudden opening of doors.
Thoughts On The Right Way To Open A Car Door From The Inside
Accidents caused by sudden opening of doors have even lead to fatalities. If people are educated about the dutch reach, these incidents would reduce and lives will no longer be at risk. Passengers of low-riding sports cars will have to put in some extra effort to do this, but it will be worth it in the end.