- 12 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 12 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- News Direct link to check UP D.EI.ED 2nd semester result 2019
- Technology Motorola One Hyper To Launch With 64MP Camera And A Pop-Up Selfie Camera
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
There are hundreds of videos on the internet that show bicycles, motorcycles and even other cars crashing into the door of a car that was opened all of a sudden. Well, these incidents are more common than you would think.
While it may look funny to some people, it certainly isn't funny, especially for the people who actually crashed into the door that popped open in front of them all of a sudden. In order to stop this menace, some countries have made it illegal to open car doors onto the road. However, these incidents continue to happen.
The people getting out of the car do not see the other vehicle approaching from the rear due to multiple reasons. Sometimes, they might just forget to look behind and some other times they might be lost in thoughts. Now though, a solution is in sight.
A video has surfaced which shows its viewers the right way to open a door. The video speaks of a technique called the ‘Dutch Reach.' It is relatively unknown in most countries around the world.
However, it is part of the school curriculum in the Netherlands, thereby teaching its citizens the basics of safety right from a young age. The technique is extremely simple and will reduce accidents of this sort by a huge margin if everyone knew about it. It involves opening the car door using the farther hand.
This means, the ones seated on the right seats should use their left hand to open the door. The ones seated on the left side of the car should use their right hand to open the door. This way, a person's entire body turns towards the rear of the car while opening the door.
Also, if any vehicle is approaching from the rear, they will be within sight of the person. If put in practice, it will greatly reduce the number of accidents caused due to the sudden opening of doors.
Thoughts On The Right Way To Open A Car Door From The Inside
Accidents caused by sudden opening of doors have even lead to fatalities. If people are educated about the dutch reach, these incidents would reduce and lives will no longer be at risk. Passengers of low-riding sports cars will have to put in some extra effort to do this, but it will be worth it in the end.