- 3 hrs ago 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Base Variant - Here’s What ‘Sigma’ Gets You For Rs 10.45 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Bobber Launched In India - Prices Start at Rs 2.06 Lakh
- News How 5G launch in India will benefit health sector?
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Finance 5 Stocks That Suffer Steepest Fall Of Up To 86% From 52-Week High
- Sports Women's Asia Cup: India Women vs Sri Lanka Women: Award Winners, Player Of The Match, Post-Match Presentation
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Promo: Host Insults Adi Reddy Over Surya's Negligent Behaviour In Throwing Food!
- Lifestyle Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
The late, great Fast and Furious actor and proper car guy Paul Walker's 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 is set to go under the hammer later this month at Mecum's auction at the 2022 Monterey Car Week.
Walker became an icon for motoring enthusiasts across the world (especially JDM fans) when he hit the screens in the Fast and Furious series as Brian O'Conner. Known for his love of JDMs on screen, Walker had quite a collection of sports cars and supercars before his untimely death after a single car crash in a Porsche Carrera GT.
The light yellow 1973 911 Carrera RS 2.7 up for auction at Mecum's event at this year's Monterey Car Week is one of the many cars that Walker drove about in. While the car has covered 93,774 kilometres, its famous owner and the fact that it was one of just 1,580 produced mean that it the Carrera 2.7 is expected to fetch between $1 million and $1.25 million at auction at this year's Monterey Car Week.
Walker's Carrera RS 2.7 - Chassis No. 9113600901 - was built in March 1973 and features the Touring package. It is quite well known that Walker was a big fan of this air-cooled Porsche homologation special as he even recounted the story of purchasing the 911 RS Carrera 2.7 to fellow car nut Jay Leno on the latter's show in 2011.
The 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 is powered by a 2.7-litre flat six engine that produces 209bhp. The powerplant is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox tha sends the power to the rear wheels. The 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 sprints from 0-60miles/hour (96.56km/h) in 6.3 seconds (faster than many cars on the road today and the lightweight Porsche could hit a top speed of 239km/h.
The drivetrain of Walker's 911 Carrera RS 2.7 was restored Jerry Woods Enterprises of Campbell, California. The Black interior was restored to its former glory by Autobahn Interiors of San Diego, California. The absolute highlight of the interiors of the Carrera RS 2.7 are the sport bucket seats with black and white Pepita Houndstooth inserts. Other features on the interior include VDO gauges for the rev counter and the speedo.
The Carrera RS 2.7 also sports quite a few lightweight options including thinner steel body panels, lighter and thinner windows, a fiberglass rear deck and lightweight ducktail spoiler marked with a distinctive Carrera RS logo.
The car also features a limited-slip differential, flared wheel arches, Fuchs wheels (15 inches all around) and Avon tyres measuring 185/70R15 89V at the front and 215/60R15S 4V at the rear. Walker's Carrera RS 2.7 features all the paperwork from the FIA.
Thoughts About Paul Walker's 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 Going Up For Auction
Late Fast & Furious Actor Paul Walker's going up for auction at Mecum's even this Monterey Car Week is both a good and a sad thing. The fact that someone gets to purchase a car once owned by Paul Walker is always a cause of celebration though we really do continue to wish that he was still here with us.