- 14 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- 15 hrs ago Delhi Odd Even Scheme: To Be Extended If Needed Says Arvind Kejriwal
- 15 hrs ago Toyota Mobility Foundation Partners With WRI For New Mobility Solution In India
- 17 hrs ago Tata Inaugurates Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center At Pune
- Sports Dutee Chand features in TIME 100 Next list of the most influential persons in world
- News Google doodle celebrates Children's Day with a 'Walking Tree'
- Movies Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's Wedding Anniversary: 5 Times The Couple Spelt Love In Bold!
- Technology Motorola RAZR Complete Specifications Leaked Hours Ahead Of Official Launch
- Lifestyle Laziness Can 'Really' Kill You, Reports Study
- Finance Retail Inflation At 16-Month High In Oct; Breaches RBI's Target Of 4%
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
- Education Children's Day Essay: Top 5 Ideas To Write An Essay On Children's Day
Delhi is gearing up to tackle the winter pollution with the implementation of the odd-even scheme. The rationing scheme will be implemented in the state starting from November 4 to 15. The rule has been revised with new fines and exemptions from the previous iteration of the scheme.
The Delhi government announced that persons with disabilities will be exempted from the odd-even scheme. Other exempted vehicles include two-wheelers, ambulances, vehicles carrying school students and women from the rationing system.
The Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal confirmed President, Vice President, PM; among other government official vehicles from other states will be exempted from the scheme. However, her also confirmed that the Delhi CM and the ministers cabinet will not be exempted.
Privately driven CNG vehicles will not be exempted from the odd-even scheme as the exemption stickers given to owners of such vehicles were misused during the last two phases of the scheme. Delhi government confirmed that the odd-even rule will be applicable from 8 am to 8 pm, except on Sundays.
The fine for the odd-even scheme has also been increased from the previous Rs 2,000 incurred with every offence. Motorists violating the odd-even scheme now will be fined Rs 4,000 with every offence caused.
The cab aggregator in the city will deactivate surge pricing during November 4-15, to support the cause in Delhi. US-based cab aggregator Uber had recently made a proposal to the Delhi government, to offer 5,000 bike-taxis and improve first and last-mile connectivity during the odd-even scheme as well.
The government has also approved and directed the state's transport organization to hire 2,000 CNG-operated buses which would be used during the odd-even road rationing scheme starting next month as well.
According to a research Delhi is the most polluted capital in the world. The Majority of pollution in Delhi are from vehicles, industries, smoke from burning garbage, and crop residue in nearby fields. During the 12-day odd-even scheme, motorists in Delhi can drive vehicles which end with odd and even numbers on alternate days.
Thoughts About The Odd-Even Scheme Returning To Delhi
Delhi seems to be thinking of all the strategies to make the odd-even rationing scheme work next month. With increased pollution the state has faced major issues over the last few years. However, the government is actively promoting the use of electric-vehicles CNG vehicles to overcome various difficulties faced by the public during the scheme.