- 1 hr ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 4000: Prices Now Starting At Rs 1.14 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai i20 To Feature Sunroof, New Alloy Wheels, And More
- 17 hrs ago Delhi Odd Even Scheme: To Be Extended If Needed Says Arvind Kejriwal
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Mobility Foundation Partners With WRI For New Mobility Solution In India
- Technology JetPack Aviation Developing Flying Motorbike That Can Reach 400MPH
- Movies Naagin 4: After Nia Sharma, Ekta Kapoor Welcomes Jasmin Bhasin As Second Naagin; More Details
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Look Traditional Perfect On Their First Anniversary
- Sports DSport to broadcast I League matches
- News Sabarimala: Justice Indu Malhotra who recorded dissent in 2018, today delivered majority verdict
- Finance You Can Now Give An Address Other Than That On Your Aadhaar For Bank KYC
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Delhi is gearing up to tackle the winter pollution with the implementation of the odd-even scheme. The rationing scheme will be implemented in the state starting from November 4 to 15. The rule has been revised with new fines and exemptions from the previous iteration of the scheme.
The Delhi government announced that persons with disabilities will be exempted from the odd-even scheme. Other exempted vehicles include two-wheelers, ambulances, vehicles carrying school students and women from the rationing system.
The Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal confirmed President, Vice President, PM; among other government official vehicles from other states will be exempted from the scheme. However, her also confirmed that the Delhi CM and the ministers cabinet will not be exempted.
Privately driven CNG vehicles will not be exempted from the odd-even scheme as the exemption stickers given to owners of such vehicles were misused during the last two phases of the scheme. Delhi government confirmed that the odd-even rule will be applicable from 8 am to 8 pm, except on Sundays.
The fine for the odd-even scheme has also been increased from the previous Rs 2,000 incurred with every offence. Motorists violating the odd-even scheme now will be fined Rs 4,000 with every offence caused.
The cab aggregator in the city will deactivate surge pricing during November 4-15, to support the cause in Delhi. US-based cab aggregator Uber had recently made a proposal to the Delhi government, to offer 5,000 bike-taxis and improve first and last-mile connectivity during the odd-even scheme as well.
The government has also approved and directed the state's transport organization to hire 2,000 CNG-operated buses which would be used during the odd-even road rationing scheme starting next month as well.
According to a research Delhi is the most polluted capital in the world. The Majority of pollution in Delhi are from vehicles, industries, smoke from burning garbage, and crop residue in nearby fields. During the 12-day odd-even scheme, motorists in Delhi can drive vehicles which end with odd and even numbers on alternate days.
Thoughts About The Odd-Even Scheme Returning To Delhi
Delhi seems to be thinking of all the strategies to make the odd-even rationing scheme work next month. With increased pollution the state has faced major issues over the last few years. However, the government is actively promoting the use of electric-vehicles CNG vehicles to overcome various difficulties faced by the public during the scheme.