- 26 min ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 55 min ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- 1 hr ago MG Motor & eChargeBays Collaborates To Provide Home Charging Infrastructure
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Tata Nexon Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Infinix S5 Available At Rs. 8,999: Specifications And Colors
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Sports Aussie cricketer Shane Watson apologies for 'illicit' social media posts
- Movies Joaquin Phoenix On Deleted Scene From Joker
- News Hearing in Ayodhya case, the second-longest ever in the history of Supreme Court
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton Shows Us How To Give Western Outfits A Traditional Touch
- Finance Mahurat Trading 2019: Exchanges To Remain Open On 27 October For 1-Hour
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
The Mahindra Roxor is the Indian carmaker's off-roading ATV offering in the United States. Since its launch, Americans have become enamoured with this little all terrain vehicle from Mahindra and have even started modifying it. However, the modified Mahindra Roxor seen in the video below by youtube channel Diesel Freak.
The video shows the modified Mahindra Roxor climbing up a snowed out ski slope in Alaska. With its tank tracks on, the Roxor easily climbs up the ski slope despite the amount of snow that is packed on it, something that wouldn't have been as easy if the car was in stock form.
The modified Roxor gained the attention of the Anand Mahindra, the Chairman of the Mahindra Group who tweeted his appreciation of the tweaked off-roader. The Chairman of the Mahindra Group shared four images of the modified Roxor on his twitter handle.
Mahindra seems ready for an expedition in Alaska...Days ago, I tweeted a pic of the Mahindra Airvan utility aircraft fitted with skis...Now I get this from an enthusiast in Alaska who sighted our @Roxoroffroad fitted with snow tracks! I’m getting my heavy-duty parka out! pic.twitter.com/DgPX2GBcb2— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) April 14, 2019
Caterpillar tracks are a common sight on modified vehicles plying in Alaska, which remains snowed out for most of the year. The tracks distribute the weight of the vehicle across a larger contact area, ensuring that they don't sink into the snow, which was the case with this modified Mahindra Roxor.
The Mahindra Roxor is the carmaker's only offering for the ATV market in the United States. The vehicle is classified as an ATV in the US but is not road legal and therefore cannot be driven on public roads. However, people who prefer going off the braten path can buy this plucky SUV for their off-roading adventures. Powering the Roxor in the United States is Mahindra's tried and tested 2.5-litre DI diesel engine that produces 62bhp and 180Nm of torque. THe engine is paired to a five-speed gearbox and four-wheel-drive. Mahindra has also equipped the Roxor with a low ratio gearbox. Like in India, Mahindra is aggressive with its pricing and the base Roxor starts at around $9,000 (Rs 6.42 lakh).