- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 3 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- News Himachal Pradesh Power minister Sukh Ram Chaudhary tests positive for COVID-19
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Sports Marquez broke arm plate opening window at home
- Movies CBI Files FIR Against Rhea Chakraborty In Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death Case
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
India remembers Mahatma Gandhi as 'the father of the nation'. He was a simple man with simple needs. He travelled across the length and breadth of India mostly on foot. But there have been instances when Mahatma Gandhi used cars.
One of Mahatma Gandhi's cars is a Ford T-Series. Gandhiji used the car in 1927 when he was released from the Bareilly central jail in Uttar Pradesh. The car which was used more than 85 years ago by Mahatma Gandhi is now owned by Pune based vintage car collector Abbas Jasdanwalla.
Mr Jasdanwalla considers the car used by Mahatma Gandhi as priceless and has maintained it in mint condition. He bought the car nearly three decades ago. This Ford T-Series has been on public display on several occasions.
Another Vintage car that can be associated with Mahatma Gandhi is the Rolls-Royce car called the Star Of India which was specially custom-built for the Maharaja of Rajkot. Mahatma Gandhi's father Karamchand was the Dewan of the Rajkot royal family. Mahatma Gandhi, as well as the Queen of England, is said to have travelled in this car.
Speaking about Mahatma Gandhi, we also have information on the car that was used by Nathuram Ghodse, the man who killed the Mahatma, on this fateful day 65 years ago. Nathuram used a 1930 Studebaker to travel to Birla House on January 30 before he killed Gandhiji.
Go through images of the car used by Mahatma Gandhi as well as the car once owned by Gandhiji's killer Nathuram Ghodse in the photo feature below.
Gandhiji traveled from the Bareilly central jail in Uttar Pradesh in 1927 in a Ford T series.
Here are images of the Ford T-Series that has been associated with Mahatma Gandhi
The Ford T-series was one of the highest selling cars in the 1920s.
Mahatma Gandhi had addressed the public in Bareilly while standing in the Ford T-Series after being released from prison.
The Ford T-Series once used by the Mahatma is still being used and is owned by Pune based vintage car collector Abbas Jasdanwalla.
Nthuram Ghodse who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi On 30 January, 1948, had driven a 1930 Studebaker.
The Studebaker is now owned by a Delhi based mechanic and vintage car collector Parvez Jamal Siddiqui.
The Studebaker has been used regularly and has won several prices including the most powerful car in vintage car shows.
Drivespark.com would like to pay homage to the Mahatma who fought for India's independence.